- ZEN Graphene Solutions (ZEN) has signed a binding letter of intent with personal protective equipment (PPE) manufacturer Trebor
- Under the LOI, Trebor has ordered ZEN’s graphene-based virucidal coating for a minimum of 100 million mask filters
- ZEN Graphene’s patent-pending virucidal ink has demonstrated 99 per cent effectiveness against the COVID-19 virus
- This initial minimum order is just for the first year, and is subject to approval from Health Canada
- ZEN Graphene Solutions (ZEN) is up 15.14 per cent and is currently trading for C$2.13 per share
ZEN Graphene Solutions (ZEN) has signed a binding letter of intent with personal protective equipment (PPE) manufacturer Trebor.
Trebor primarily manufactures face masks at its initial production facility in Collingwood, Ontario.
Under the LOI, Trebor has ordered ZEN’s graphene-based virucidal coating, for application to at least 100 million mask filters. Specifically, the PPE manufacturer will create a three-ply surgical mask, which will have the added protection of ZEN’s anti-COVID coating.
ZEN Graphene’s patent-pending virucidal ink has demonstrated 99 per cent effectiveness against the COVID-19 virus. As such, PPE manufacturers will be lining up to purchase and apply the ink to their products, especially face masks and filters.
After announcing the encouraging results of the ink’s testing, ZEN Graphene’s share price went through the roof, and has continued to climb. Since the announcement of the ink’s effectiveness on September 22, the company’s share price has increased by over 140 per cent.
This initial minimum order from Trebor is only for the first year of the agreement, and is subject to approval by Health Canada.
ZEN Graphene’s Chief Strategy Officer, Greg Fenton, called the signing of the commercial agreement a watershed moment for the company.
“Moreover, it is an honour for ZEN to partner with a Canadian company like Trebor and develop a 100 per cent Canadian solution in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The innovation of the Trebor Pro + Respirator Mask will set a new standard in the mask industry and, combined with our virucidal coating, will bring a new level of safety for our frontline workers.
“It has been an absolute pleasure to work with George and Brenda throughout this process, as Trebor and ZEN share a similar philosophy in terms of innovation and positioning our respective firms in both the Canadian and global markets,” he said.
ZEN Graphene Solutions (ZEN) is up 15.14 per cent and is trading for C$2.13 per share, as of 2:05pm EST.