- Yield Growth (BOSS) is changing its name to Better Plant Sciences, as part of its general shift towards the plant-based phytoceutical market
- Alongside the name change, the company’s ticker code on the Canadian Securities Exchange will become PLNT
- The name change reflects the company’s newly invigorated focus on its plant-based consumer product portfolio
- The company first emerged onto the plant-based consumer market in 2017 and now owns a broad portfolio of wellness and phytoceutical products, alongside its cannabis and psilocybin assets
- Yield Growth (BOSS) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.095 per share
Yield Growth (BOSS) is changing its name to Better Plant Sciences on August 18, as part of its shift towards the plant-based phytoceutical market.
Alongside the name change, the company’s ticker code on the Canadian Securities Exchange will become PLNT.
The name change reflects the company’s newly invigorated focus on its plant-based consumer product portfolio. The company first broke into the market in 2017, when it purchased a suite of plant-based formulas as part of an acquisition.
Fast-forward to 2020 and Yeild Growth’s current library of phytoceuticals spans skin care, personal care products, therapeutic products, beverages, edibles, topical wellness products, cleaning products, as well as its newly launched hand sanitizer range.
Alongside its consumer range, Yield Growth is also developing its Canada based cannabis brand and its medical psilocybin branch, NeonMind.
The company’s broader approach to its wellness and phytoceutical products is indicative of an overall trend in the cannabis industry to further diversify amid a general turndown.
When compared to the dizzying heights of 2014, when exchanged-listed cannabis companies first began to boom, the majority of cannabis stocks are now either trending down or stagnating.
As a result, industry leaders are being forced to vertically integrate or diversify to offset the general downturn in investor interest.
CEO of Yield Growth, Penny White commented on the company’s name change and its shift in direction.
“The name Better Plant Sciences is highly aligned with our mission and positions us to capitalize on the growth in consumer demand for plant-based alternatives across all categories.
“We want to make it easy for consumers to make better choices for their health by making better products and holding ourselves to the highest standard to be a better company,” she said.
Penny went on to say that, due to the ever-changing nature COVID-19 restrictions around world, the company will be focusing on sales within Canada and the U.S. for the foreseeable future.
Yield Growth (BOSS) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.095 per share at 1:03pm EDT.