- WPD Pharmaceuticals (CSE:WBIO) has announced it has found medical institutions in Poland and the US willing to conduct clinical trials
- The trials are for the drug Berubicin, and are for Phase 2 clinical trials
- Berubicin is being developed by WPD Pharmaceuticals in collaboration with CNS Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company
- The drug is used to treat an aggressive and incurable form of brain cancer
- WPD Pharmaceuticals (CSE:WBIO) is currently at trading at C$0.76 per share, and has a market cap of $24 million
WPD Pharmaceuticals Inc (CSE:WBIO) has announced it has found medical institutions willing to conduct clinical trials for one of its drugs.
The Poland-based pharmaceutical company has found medical institutions willing to conduct Phase 2 clinical trials for the company’s new drug Berubicin.
Berubicin is being trialed to treat adults with glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive and incurable form of brain cancer.
The drug has been developed in partnership with CNS Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company based in the US. The companies entered into a sublicense agreement, which gives WPD commercial rights in selected territories in Europe and Asia for the drug.
CNS will sponsor clinical trials in the United States, while WPD will sponsor the trials in Poland. CNS and WPD were both founded by Professor Waldemar Priebe, and work hand in hand on a variety of pharmaceutical projects.
Mariusz Olejniczak, CEO of WPD Pharmaceuticals, said “we are honoured to have the leading cancer research and treatment facilities in Poland interested in further development of Berubicin.”
“We are doing our best to assure that Phase 2 trial in adults and Phase 1 in paediatric trial will start during the second half of 2020.
“The continued enthusiasm remains a key driver in our development pipeline” he added.
For their part, CNS expressed hope they would be able to bring a new treatment for glioblastoma multiforme to market soon.
The Polish trials are being funded by a C$6 million grant WPD has previously received from the Polish National Centre for Research and Development. Trials are expected to begin in the second half of this year.
WPD Pharmaceuticals (WBIO) is in the grey for the day, trading at $0.76 per share at 2:25pm EDT.