- Wesdome Gold Mines (TSX:WDO) has announced positive results from its underground bulk sample program on the Kiena Mine Complex
- Roughly 7,032 tonnes were processed from the bulk sampling
- Bulk sampling recovered over 6 per cent gold with a feed grade of 15.7 grams per tonne (g/t) versus model grade of 14.7 g/t
- Total gold produced was just under 3,500 ounces with gold recovery in the Kiena mill of 98.2 per cent
- Gold sales in Q1 2021 have totaled 1,793 ounces
- Shares of Wesdome Gold Mines were down 0.10 per cent to C$9.54 as of 4:00 p.m. EDT
Wesdome Gold Mines has released positive results from its underground bulk sample program at the Kiena Deep A Zone on the Kiena Mine Complex.
In total, 7,032 tonnes were processed from bulk sampling at the mill, which represents the planned area of the bulk sampling.
The bulk sample yielded more than 6 per cent gold with a feed grade of 15.7 grams per tonne (g/t) versus model grade of 14.7 g/t.
“We are very pleased with the results of the bulk sample that confirmed the continuity of the high-grade gold mineralization of the A Zone, but more importantly demonstrated a 6% positive reconciliation in the number of ounces recovered from the bulk sample compared to the resource block model," Duncan Middlemiss, president and CEO of Wesdome Gold Mines, said in a release. "This is very positive, and provides confidence in the resource estimate for future mining."
Middlemiss added that as a result of the recommissioning and performance of the Kiena mill with gold recovery of greater than 98 per cent, this confirms the mill is ready for future gold production.
The company said that it is also continuing its exploration drilling program to expand the A and VC zones and to follow up on the discovery of new zones of high-grade occurring within 50 metres of the footwall of the A Zone.
"We are also currently ramping up a large surface exploration program, with the aim of unlocking additional value on the Kiena property further to the west and east of the Kiena mine initially, and later, over the entire property,' Middlemiss added.
With over 30 years of experience, Wesdome Gold Mines is focused 100 per cent on Canadian projects, each of which are in various stages of development.
Looking ahead, Wesdome Gold Mines aims to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing over 200,000 ounces from its mines in Ontario and Quebec.
Shares of Wesdome Gold Mines were down 0.10 per cent to C$9.54 as of 4:00 p.m. EDT.