- WELL Health Technologies (TSX:WELL) has launched ACTT, its Automated COVID-19 Triage Tool
- The tool has automated phone, SMS, and web capabilities that will help on the front lines of the pandemic
- In a simple phone call, ACTT will decide treatments for patients based on their symptoms, social and travel history
- The tool’s questionnaire can also help anxious patients understand what they should do next
- WELL Health Technologies (WELL) is down 4.76 per cent, and is currently trading at C$1.40 per share
WELL Health Technologies (TSX:WELL) has launched the Automated COVID-19 Triage Tool to assist on the front lines of the pandemic.
Triage is the process of assessing which patients require the most immediate and most comprehensive treatment. In a pandemic, this is particularly necessary, as there are not enough resources to treat everybody.
ACTT has automated phone, SMS, and web capabilities, which will help healthcare organisations to communicate with infected Canadians.
WELL Health’s CEO, Hamed Shahbazi, said that public health institutions are struggling to meet the demands of triaging and testing patients.
“Our phone, web, and SMS tools can help. We stand ready to quickly and effectively put these tools to work,” Hamed stated.
Using AI-powered natural language processing technology, ACTT can intelligently categorise patients based on their symptoms, social and travel history. This can all happen over a simple phone call.
Using the latest clinical pathways and know-how for COVID-19 symptoms, the web-based triage tool questionnaire can tell anxious patients what to do next.
ACTT has a dashboard with real-time insight into caller demographics, triage responses and pathway outputs. It also flags patients who need further assessment or testing for follow-ups. This allows healthcare workers to focus their efforts on serving patients that need the most support.
WELL Health’s Chief Operating Officer, Amir Javidan, said that while some online tools are available, phone lines remain a vital access point for patients. However, those phone lines are practically jammed across the country, with wait-times lasting hours.
“To our knowledge, WELL’s COVID-19 triage program is the only PHI (Protected Health Information) compliant solution on the Canadian market today, which can provide automated triage capabilities across phone, SMS, and web channels,” Amir claimed.
WELL Health Technologies (WELL) is down 4.76 per cent, trading at C$1.40 per share as of 10:23am EST.