- WeedMD (TSXV:WMD) is launching a strain-specific, medicinal vaporiser pen product line
- The vapes are currently available to Starseed patients across Canada, and will become available to WeedMD patients in coming weeks
- WeedMD is launching the line with Ghost Train Haze, followed by Mango Haze, and eventually a high-CBD strain format
- The company also plans to launch an adult-use vape product line under the Colour Cannabis brand in 2020’s third quarter
- WeedMD (WMD) is down five per cent and is currently trading at $0.48 per share
WeedMD (TSXV:WMD) is launching a strain-specific, medicinal vaporiser pen product line.
The company produces the cartridges in-house at its extraction hub, CX Industries. The cartridges use cannabis concentrates processed from biomass which WeedMD cultivates from indoor and outdoor harvests.
WeedMD collaborated with the Blinc Group, designers of customised vaporisers, to develop the Aurum vape hardware. The units comply with the highest international safety standards, and have undergone thorough testing.
The Aurum cartridges and batteries contain an industry-standard 510 thread. This makes it compatible with most other standard 510-threaded cartridges and batteries.
WeedMD is launching the product line with Ghost Train Haze, followed by Mango Haze, and eventually a high-CBD strain format.
Aurum vapes are currently available to Starseed patients across Canada, as an insured benefit. In the coming weeks, the product line will become available to WeedMD’s medical patients.
WeedMD’s CEO, Angelo Tsebelis, commented on the launch of the vape product line.
“Our cannabis 2.0 strategy evolved after thoughtful consideration of our medical clients’ need for relief from specific indications that may require precise cannabis dosing via alternate delivery methods.
“In keeping with our medical roots, we are proud to launch Aurum as a refined medical product that complements our quality-produced portfolio.
“In addition to expanding our Aurum product offerings with innovative Cannabis 2.0 formats in the coming months, we will launch a vape product line for the adult-use market under the Colour Cannabis brand in the third quarter of this year,” he said.
WeedMD (WMD) is down five per cent and is trading at $0.48 per share at 11:40am EDT.