- WeedMD (TSXV:WMD) is launching PatientDirect, a same-day home delivery service for medical cannabis
- The project will service Starseed and WeedMD patients in the greater Toronto area, starting in June 2020
- WeedMD plans to eventually expand the delivery zone in southwestern Ontario, through its logistics partner Prime Time Messenger
- In other news, the company has announced the termination of a nomination rights and voting agreement with former executive members
- WeedMD (WMD) is up 4.00 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.52 per share
WeedMD (TSXV:WMD) is launching PatientDirect, a same-day home delivery service for medical cannabis.
Starting in June, 2020, the pilot project will service patients in the greater Toronto area.
The company will offer the service to new and existing Starseed patients first, extending to WeedMD patients in following weeks.
The launch comes as a response to current delays and disruptions in third-party postal and delivery services, caused by COVID-19. The company will fulfil orders from its distribution in Bowmanville, located just outside Toronto, Ontario.
After its launch in the Toronto area, WeedMD plans to eventually expand the delivery zone in southwestern Ontario. The company will achieve this by working with its logistics partner, Prime Time Messenger.
The expansion will include patients with eligible Ontario postal codes, from Bowmanville to Mississauga, and north up to Aurora. It will also include Vaughn and Markham.
WeedMD’s CEO, Angelo Tsebelis, commented on the launch of the company’s new service.
“Expanding our in-house delivery options for more timely transport to our medical patients was a strategic goal for the year, which we recently accelerated as an immediate solution to potential postal delays.
“By centralizing a medical fulfillment operation in our Bowmanville processing centre, we can fast-track deliveries to patients in the greater Toronto area.
“Launching PatientDirect required thoughtful planning and resource allocation, and I’m proud of our team for expediting this to better serve our patients’ needs and add long-term value to our offerings,” he said.
In other news, WeedMD has announced the termination of a nomination rights and voting agreement with former executive members. The agreement with former CEO, Keith Merker, and former Chairman, Michael Kraft, was mutually terminated.
WeedMD (WMD) is up 4.00 per cent, and trading for C$0.52 per share at 12:34pm EDT.