- Healthcare software company, VitalHub (TSXV:VHI) has sold its DOCit mobile app to long-term care provider, the County of Lambton
- This is yet another municipally operated, public, long-term care facility which now joins the company’s customer base
- The County of Lambton owns and operates three long-term care homes, and two adult enrichment centres
- The app’s deployment will occur in two stages, beginning with its COVID-19 screening forms
- VitalHub (VHU) is holding steady at C$1.64 per share
Healthcare software company, VitalHub (TSXV:VHI) has sold its DOCit mobile app to long-term care provider, the County of Lambton.
The Corporation of the County of Lambton Long-Term Care Services owns and operates three care homes, and two adult enrichment centres. It is yet another municipally operated, public, long-term care facility which now joins VitalHub’s customer base.
The County of Lambton will use the DOCit mobile application’s reporting capabilities to assist amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The app’s deployment will occur in two phases, starting with the roll-out of its COVID-19 screening forms. This will allow the homes to manage and conduct ongoing screenings for COVID-19 signs and symptoms.
DOCit’s second phase will focus on making caregiver tasks and forms mobile. This will allow the County’s long-term caregivers to replace manual paper forms, schedules, and task lists.
It will also provide mobile access by integrating smartphone and tablet technology into the homes’ workflow.
General Manager of Long Term Care for the County, Jane Joris, said the company is excited to deploy the technology in its homes.
“Documenting as care is provided improves the quality of care and safety of the people in our Homes. The time efficiencies will be appreciated by both those people providing care and those receiving it,” she said.
VitalHub’s Chief Innovation Officer, Andre Vandenberk, expressed the company’s excitement to work with the Lambton County.
“Lambton’s decision to use DOCit further underlines its value ability to optimize workflow in a multi-facility long-term care organization, providing our long-term care community with the technology and data to make critical decisions as they continue to manage and provide optimal care during the pandemic and beyond,” he said.
VitalHub (VHU) is holding steady at C$1.64 per share