- GameSquare (GSQ) and Roc Nation Sports have formed an esports gaming partnership for athletes, brands and properties
- Roc Nation Sports, a subdivision of Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, represents LaMelo Ball, Romelu Lukaku, Skylar Diggins-Smith and Danny Green, among others
- The multi-year partnership aims to create content and events that revolve around athletes’ specific interests in games and esports
- GameSquare Esports is an international gaming and esports company
- GameSquare (GSQ) is up by 6.38 per cent and is currently trading at $0.50 per share
GameSquare (GSQ) and Roc Nation Sports have formed an esports gaming partnership for athletes, brands and properties.
Roc Nation Sports, a subdivision of Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, supports athletes through marketing and endorsement deals, community outreach, charitable tie-ins, media relations and brand strategy. Clients include LaMelo Ball, Romelu Lukaku, Skylar Diggins-Smith, CC Sabathia and Danny Green. In 2019, the company signed Mosaad “Msdossary” Al-Dossary, the 2018 Esports Player of the Year.
The multi-year partnership aims to create esports tournaments, gaming content, live streaming events and content syndication across GCN Network’s 85+ gaming and esports-centric websites.
GCN, an esports media group and GameSquare subsidiary, intends to create strategies that fit each athlete’s interests in esports and specific games. By leveraging Roc Nation Sports’ marketing and social media reach alongside its deep capabilities within esports, the companies are positioned to attract new talent that recognizes the importance of connecting with the growing esports demographic.
Justin Kenna, CEO of GameSquare, commented,
“Partnering with Roc Nation Sports continues our growth of building GameSquare into an esports powerhouse. With our recent acquisitions of Complexity and Cut+Sew/Zoned and adding Paradigm Sports to our advisory board, we are well-positioned to guide Roc Nation Sports and its diverse talent into the gaming and esports space.”
Brodie Van Wagenen, COO and Head of Strategy and Business Development at Roc Nation Sports, added,
“Increasingly, athletes are engaging in the world of esports gaming. Younger audiences represent a hugely influential and important demographic to reach. By pairing GCN’s vast network and capabilities with Roc Nation Sports’ diverse global footprint, we anticipate that our clients will be able to connect to a broader community while growing their personal brands and businesses through innovative and multi-facing gaming projects.”
GameSquare Esports is an international gaming and esports company.
GameSquare (GSQ) is up by 6.38 per cent and is currently trading at $0.50 per share as of 10:12 am ET.