- Sirios Resources Inc. has provided updates on work in progress at its two main gold projects – Cheechoo and Aquilon
- Cheechoo – main objectives of this estimate will be to define, for the first time, indicated resources for the gold deposit
- Aquilon – Phase 1 of the “relogging” program was completed at the end of June 2022
- Sirios recently awarded consulting firms BBA Inc. and PLR Resources Inc. mandate for updating the mineral resource estimate
- Sirios Resources Inc. (SOI) was down 7.69 per cent in early morning trading at C$0.06 as of 10:35 am EDT
Sirios Resources (SOI) has provided an update on the work in progress at its two main projects – the Cheechoo and Aquilon gold properties.
Cheechoo: Resource estimate update
Sirios recently awarded consulting firms BBA Inc. and PLR Resources Inc. the mandate for updating the mineral resource estimate.
The company says one of the main objectives of this estimate will be to define, for the first time, indicated resources for the Cheechoo gold deposit. This conversion from inferred to indicated resources will increase the robustness of the Preliminary Economic Study (PEA) that will be carried out thereafter.
Exploration and development work
Prospecting work was carried out during the months of June and July 2022 in the area to the east of the 2020 conceptual pit in order to extend the new gold zone which was intersected in the meta-sedimentary rocks during the summer 2021 drilling program.
A total of 61 samples were collected from this area and are currently awaiting processing at the ALS laboratory in Val d’Or.
Representative samples of the Cheechoo gold mineralization were also collected for further metallurgical testing in order to determine the optimal processing procedure for the Cheechoo deposit.
Phase 1 of the Aquilon “relogging” program (comprehensive and standardized description of historical drill core) was completed at the end of June 2022.
The information resulting from this relogging program will allow new 3D modeling to be carried out that will include the new structural data collected in the fall of 2021.
This update of the geological modeling of the Aquilon property represents one of the first stages of a systematic exploration program that will continue into 2024.
Sirios Resources Inc. is engaged in the exploration and evaluation of mineral resources with an aim to discover a world-class gold deposit in the James Bay region of Quebec.
The firm’s flagship project is the Cheechoo gold project and also owns projects such as Aquilon, Niska, Maskwa, Tilly2, and Pontax.
Sirios Resources Inc. (SOI) was down 7.69 per cent in early morning trading at C$0.06 as of 10:35 am EDT.