- True Leaf (MJ) signs first customer to path-to-market program for micro-cultivators
- Backwoods BC Bud signs onto first-of-a-kind program that will offer the services craft cannabis growers need to enter the retail market
- To launch the program, True Leaf is teaming up with one of Canada’s leading female master growers
- The MOU provides for the parties to share in the resulting gross profits generated by sales of Backwoods BC Bud products
- True Leaf Brands Inc. (MJ) is up 4.65 per cent, trading at C$0.22 12:46 pm ET
True Leaf Brands Inc. (MJ) has signed Backwoods BC Bud to its new path-to-market program for micro-cultivators.
The program will offer quality assurance and regulatory guidance, microbial remediation, craft-compliant hand packaging lines, and national distribution support.
To launch the program, True Leaf is teaming up with one of Canada’s leading female master growers. Tara Kirkpatrick owns and operates Backwoods BC Bud, a Prince George-based micro-cultivation heritage farm.
“True Leaf is thrilled to kick off our new program with Tara and her team at Backwoods BC Bud,” said Darcy Bomford, CEO of True Leaf.
“We look forward to nurturing more relationships with the craft cannabis community as we secure clients for our path-to-market services at our Lumby facility,” added Bomford.
“True Leaf’s path-to-market program is a solution to the many restrictions and obstacles which prevent micro-cultivators from bringing their products to market,” said Tara Kirkpatrick, owner of Backwoods BC Bud.
“It is our opinion that micro-class licensing represents the fastest-growing segment within the federal system. There are now more than 50 micro-cultivators licensed in British Columbia, over 200 across Canada, with hundreds more in the queue,” said Andrew Gordon, Vice President of Strategic Growth at True Leaf.
The MOU provides for the parties to share in the resulting gross profits generated by sales of Backwoods BC Bud products.
As a result, the monetary value of the MOU is unknown at this time. The MOU terminates on the earlier of the execution of a definitive agreement replacing the MOU, mutual agreement of the parties, or December 31, 2021.
True Leaf is a Licensed Producer of cannabis preparing to launch a program to provide path-to-market services for micro-cultivators. The program will operate from the company’s 19,500 square foot facility in Lumby, British Columbia, and offer a full suite of in-house processing services to the craft cannabis community.
True Leaf Brands Inc. (MJ) is up 4.65 per cent, trading at C$0.22 12:46 pm ET.