- Triumph Gold (TIG) has revealed its plans for a 2020 exploration program at its wholly owned Freegold Mountain Project in the Yukon Territory
- The program aims to advance underexplored, near-surface targets in several regions of the project
- Triumph Gold also intends to utilise a new drillhole-constrained 3D magnetic inversion geophysical model that was received from Mira Geoscience
- Drilling is expected to commence in the second week of August this year
- Triumph Gold (TIG) is currently down 7.14 per cent and is trading at C$0.39 per share at 11:32am EDT
Triumph Gold (TIG) has revealed its plans for a 2020 exploration program at its wholly owned Freegold Mountain Project in the Yukon Territory.
Located roughly 70 kilometres northwest of Carmacks, the project covers 200 square kilometres within the Dawson Range mining district.
Triumph Gold acquired the property in 2006, which hosts three NI 43-101 mineral deposits across an extensive section of the Creek Fault zone.
The proposed program has been designed primarily to advance the underexplored, near-surface targets of the Freegold Mountain Project.
This will include epithermal gold targets southeast of the Nucleus and Revenue deposits, as well as shallow targets related to the gold-rich porphyry copper mineralisation that surrounds the Revenue resource area.
The work in the Revenue resource area will be guided with the assistance of a new drillhole-constrained 3D magnetic inversion geophysical model that was received from Mira Geoscience earlier this year.
John Anderson, Executive Chairman of Triumph Gold, said he is truly excited about what the project can deliver through a ‘gold first’ exploration focus.
“The 2020 exploration program is aimed at unlocking the higher grade gold areas of the Freegold Mountain Project that our Technical Team have been working on over the past couple of years.
“Now that there is a clear path to be able to work in Yukon given delays due to COVID-19, we are very pleased to start drilling the first week of August,” he added.
Aided by recommendations from the Yukon Government and the Yukon Chamber of Mines, Triumph Gold has developed COVID-19 infection prevention and control policies that will be implemented at the Freegold Mountain Project.
Triumph Gold (TIG) is down 7.14 per cent and is trading at C$0.39 per share at 11:32am EDT.