- Trigon Metals (TM) has revealed the latest drill reports from its exploration program at the Silver Hill project in Morocco
- The company was operating an underpowered short drill as part of an exploratory drill program
- The results from this program were promising, including a standout result of 13.5 metres at 71.5 grams per tonne silver, that included 2.5 metres at 266.6 grams per tonne silver and 3.87 per cent copper
- Other results from the program included seven metres at 48.6 grams per tonne silver and 0.75 per cent copper
- Trigon Metals (TM) is up 1.1 per cent and is trading at C$0.44 per share
Trigon Metals (TM) has revealed the latest drill reports from its exploration program at the Silver Hill project in Morocco.
The exploratory drilling work is the first Trigon has conducted on the property, with targets determined through a surface level exploration program conducted on the site last year.
The company was using what it described as a small, underpowered rig only cable of drilling shallow holes.
The initial results include a 13.5 metre intercept that graded at 71.5 grams per tonne silver, which included a 2.5 metre result that graded at 266.6 grams per tonne silver and 3.87 per cent copper.
This was from the first of the shallow holes on the property, with another two holes also hitting respectable mineralization.
Hole three hit a seven-metre result at 48.6 grams per tonne silver and 0.75 per cent copper, while another hit five metres at 18.9 grams per tonne silver and 0.75 per cent copper.
Based on the results the company will now be looking at sourcing more substantial drilling equipment and crews and funds to explore the property at real depth.
Jed Richardson, President and CEO of Trigon Metals, said he was very pleased with the results, which he said demonstrate that the high grade surface samples were indictive of the mineralization underneath.
“Particularly encouraging were certain results that showed very little visible mineralization but returned very high copper grades suggesting more mineralization may occur just beyond reach.
“The upper portions of the mineralised layer showed elevated graded of soppier before silver grades increased as the hole went deeper,” he said.
Trigon Metals (TM) is up 1.1 per cent and is trading at C$0.44 per share at 11:00 am EDT.