- Therma Bright (THRM) has provided an update on its AcuVidTM COVID-19 Rapid Saliva Antigen Test
- The company is pursuing testing and seeking manufacturing locations as it waits for FDA approval to market the antigen tests
- Its goal is to test the kits for at-home use without the need for a medical professional
- The company is also seeking potential customers as it prepares to market the tests
- Therma Bright is a progressive medical device technology company
- Therma Bright Inc. (THRM) is currently down 1.27 per cent, trading at $0.39 per share
Therma Bright (THRM) has made progress on its AcuVidTM COVID-19 Rapid Saliva Antigen Test in recent months.
In July, Therma Bright announced that it had applied for EUA approval from the US FDA to market the antigen test.
In the meantime, the company has ordered enough materials to manufacture the first batch of AcuVidTM tests in the United States. Therma Bright is working on securing manufacturing sites in other countries as it anticipates high demand for the test.
Rob Fia, CEO of Therma Bright, commented on the company’s progress.
“We continue to build manufacturing capacity for our test in anticipation of approval so that we can meet the expected huge demand for rapid testing,” he said.
In order to effectively stop the transmission of COVID-19, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends frequent rapid antigen testing in conjunction with masking and social distancing, especially in congregant settings.
In September, the CDC warned that individuals should expect rapid test shortages as the demand for these tests grows.
Therma Bright continues to advance its AcuVidTM rapid test by identifying trial sites for the test kit. These trial results will aid the company as it seeks approval to market the tests for at-home use.
“Our saliva-based test is easier to use and less intrusive than nasal swab-based tests and is ideally suited for rapid testing for all subjects,” remarked Mr. Fia.
The company is working on securing initial orders from potential customers as it waits for regulatory approval.
Therma Bright is a progressive medical device technology company focused on providing consumers and medical professionals with quality medical devices that address their medical and healthcare needs.
Therma Bright Inc. (THRM) is currently down 1.27 per cent, trading at $0.39 per share as of 11:18 am ET.