- The Brick, a Leon's (LNF) wholly-owned subsidiary is going green for Earth Day this year
- The Brick began implementing waste diversion statistics in 2007
- In 2020, The Brick saved 42,477 trees from being cut down and over 23 million gallons of water from being used
- Earth Day 2021 falls on April 22
- Leon's is down 0.95 per cent on the day, with the company's shares trading at C$21.95 at 10:53 am ET
The Brick, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leon's (LNF) is going green for Earth Day this year.
Earth Day 2021 falls on April 22.
This year, the company is asking Canadians to capture their good green deeds via photo or video, and share them on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #TheBrickEarthDay.
For every share on social media using the campaign hashtag, The Brick will plant a tree, up to a total of 2,500 trees, through their partnership with Tree Canada.
First implemented in 2007, ‘Project Green’ has been the catalyst for all The Brick’s environmental initiatives, spearheaded by a robust recycling program in partnership with Waste Management.
"Environmental sustainability is something we practice every day at The Brick, and our green initiatives are something we are very proud of. We are committed to helping improve the lives of Canadians and managing our environmental impact is just one way we can give back to the communities in which we live and work, from coast-to-coast," said The Brick President Dave Freeman.
"At The Brick, we challenge ourselves each day to be more mindful of our environmental impact. On April 22, we‘re challenging Canadians to do the same. Whether a community cleanup or adopting more sustainable recycling practices, we look forward to seeing how Canadians are “going green” and showing our appreciation for the positive impacts these actions will have."
Leon's is down 0.95 per cent on the day, with the company's shares trading at C$21.95 at 10:53 am ET.