- Terra Balcanica Resources (TERA) has discovered a gold-bearing system at Brezani within its Viogor-Zanik project, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Brezani target maiden drillholes intercepted 0.61 g/t AuEq over 88.0 metres and 0.58 g/t AuEq over 28.6 metres
- The Viogor-Zanik Project now features three styles of mineralization with 7 metals
- CEO Dr. Aleksandar Miškovic met with The Market Herald Canada’s Sabrina Cuthbert to discuss these results
- Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. (TERA) was unchanged, trading at $0.095 per share
Terra Balcanica Resources (TERA) has discovered a gold-bearing system at Brezani within its Viogor-Zanik Project, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Brezani target maiden drillholes intercepted 0.61 g/t AuEq over 88.0 metres and 0.58 g/t AuEq over 28.6 metres. Both holes encountered gold mineralization from surface confirming the extension of the 32 m at 0.54 g/t AuEq interval detected by trenching 65 metres southeast of the drillhole collars.
The Viogor-Zanik Project now features three styles of mineralization with seven metals. The Brezani gold-bearing system sits 12 km southeast of the high-grade, polymetallic Cumavici discovery.
- 824.2 g/t AgEq over 4.0 metres, including 1634.4 g/t AgEq. over 2.0 metres
- 816.1 g/t AgEq over 2.0 metres
- 465.5 g/t AgEq over 8.7 metres, including 1196.6 g/t AgEq. over 2.0 metres
The company interpreted the elevated gold at the end of the drillhole to be associated with another mineralized zone and silica-chlorite-sericite altered intrusive lithologies downhole highlight the potential for porphyry style mineralization which requires further drill testing. Brezani is 8.4 km south of Mineco Ltd.’s Sase Mine, which produces approximately 330 kt of lead-zinc-silver-gold concentrate per year.
CEO Dr. Aleksandar Miškovic met with The Market Herald Canada’s Sabrina Cuthbert to discuss these results.
“We are extremely excited about the Brezani gold discovery located 12 km southeast of the high-grade, polymetallic discovery made by Terra Balcanica at the Cumavici target last year. The Viogor-Zanik project is clearly underexplored as we have identified a number of quality exploration targets through our detailed targeting in 2021. We have now confirmed three different styles of magmatic-hydrothermal mineralization. The intercepted metasomatized hornfels suggests that we are in the upper part of a large retrograde skarn-porphyry system at Brezani, with the gold mineralization encountered from surface and significant potential for either a deeper porphyry or a sulphide-rich Cu-Au proximal skarn mineralization. The spatial coincidence of precious metals with a plus 1.2 km wide magnetic anomaly and the presence of a strong electric conductor at 400 m depth detected via airborne geophysics gives us confidence that we have a large potential mineralized system on our hands. We look forward to more assays from the 2022 program which will be released over the coming weeks.”
|Drillhole||From (m)||To (m)||Length (m)||Au (g/t)||Ag (g/t)||Cu (per cent)||Zn (per cent)||AuEq (g/t)|
Terra Balcanica (TERA) is a polymetallic exploration company targeting large-scale mineral systems in the Balkans of southeastern Europe.
The company has a 90-per-cent interest in the Viogor-Zanik Project in eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina, and 100 per cent of the Kaludra and Ceovishte mineral exploration licences in Serbia.
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. (TERA) was unchanged, trading at $0.095 per share.