- Canadian mining giant Teck Resource (TECK-A) appointed of five people to Vice Presidential roles within the business
- Justine Fisher is the new Vice President and Treasurer, while Jeff Hanman is the new Vice President of the CEO’s Office
- Alejandro Vásquez has been appointed as Vice President of South America, and Doug Brown has been made Vice President of Corporate Affairs
- Amber Johnston-Billings has been appointed as Vice President of Communities, Government Affairs, and HSEC Systems
- Teck Resources (TECK-A) is up 3.93 per cent and is currently trading at $20.35 per share
Canadian mining giant Teck Resource (TECK-A) appointed of five people to Vice Presidential roles within the business.
The company has appointed Justine Fisher as the Vice President and Treasurer, in light of Scott Wilson’s retirement. Justine is now responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining global treasury operations.
This will include all facets of financial exposure management, capital markets activity, banking relationships, corporate finance, credit, cash management, insurance, and financial planning.
Teck Resources has appointed Jeff Hanman to a new position, as Vice President, Office of the CEO. In his new role, Jeff will assist in implementing corporate strategies and supporting strategic priorities.
These will include, in particular, the Quebrada Blanca Phase 2 project, the Neptune Bulk Terminal upgrade project, and corporate development.
Alejandro Vásquez has been appointed to the role of Vice President, South America, after the retirement of Chris Dechert. He is now responsible for Teck Resources’ operating assets in South America, and the company’s corporate office in Santiago.
Doug Brown has taken on the position of Vice President of Corporate Affairs, the role previously filled by Jeff Hanman. In taking over for Jeff, Doug has assumed control of Teck’s corporate affairs team.
As such, he is responsible for developing and implementing corporate and employee communications programs, brand management, ESG engagement, and external reporting requirements.
Lastly, Teck Resources has appointed Amber Johnston-Billings as Vice President, Communities, Government Affairs and HSEC Systems. Her appointment, which follows the retirement of Mark Edwards, will take effect on October 12, 2020.
When she assumes her new role, Amber will oversee the company’s community and government affairs, and management systems relating to health, safety, environment, and communities performance.
Teck Resources (TECK-A) is up 3.93 per cent and is currently trading at $20.35 per share at 1:43pm EDT.