- Talon Metals Corp. (TLO) unveils platform for building a domestic USA supply chain from mine to battery the "Smart" way at the Tamarack Nickel Project
- Talon Metals presented the Tamarack Nickel Project to various members of NAATBaat International
- NAATBaat members act as advocates for advanced battery technology in North America
- Talon is a TSX-listed base metals company in a joint venture with Rio Tinto
- Talon Metals Corp. (TLO) is down 10.61 per cent and is trading at C$0.59 at 12:00 pm ET
Talon Metals Corp. (TLO) presented the Tamarack Nickel Project to various members of NAATBaat International.
The members of NAATBaat include, among others, Honda, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, CATL, Nissan and Glencore.
NAATBaat members act as advocates for advanced battery technology in North America. Talon presented as part of the session titled "Raw Energy Materials Production in North America".
Henri Van Rooyen, CEO of Talon stated,
"End-use customers are demanding more information about the materials in the products they buy. Talon is aiming to produce the first Green Nickel™ supply chain that is traceable and independently verified across responsible production practices and CO2 emissions."
"We are exploring the use of blockchain technology with a number of partners to create the first nickel production with traceable and transparent provenance in the electric vehicle (EV) supply chain," added Van Rooyen.
The current consensus is that the majority of future nickel will have to come from Indonesia, with such nickel projects having significant environmental challenges.
The only operating nickel mine in the United States today (the Eagle Mine in Michigan), is currently required to send 100 per cent of its nickel to a Canadian smelter because the United States does not possess its own refinery.
The current nickel supply chain was established for stainless steel and extended for batteries.
Talon is proposing an integrated Green Nickel™ supply chain where all steps from mining and refining of nickel to the manufacturing of batteries for electric vehicles remain within the USA - Talon has proposed the construction of a USA-based refinery.
Talon is a TSX-listed base metals company in a joint venture with Rio Tinto on the high-grade Tamarack Nickel-Copper-Cobalt Project located in Minnesota, USA, comprised of the Tamarack North Project and the Tamarack South Project.
Talon Metals Corp. (TLO) is down 10.61 per cent and is trading at C$0.59 at 12:00 pm ET.