- Summa Silver Corp. (TSXV:SSVR) has announced results from a property-wide soil geochemical survey at its Hughes Property in Nevada
- Over 2,700 samples were collected within a 5-kilometre area, representing the first-ever soil survey done across the land package
- Additionally, the new soil anomalies are coincident with zones of hydrothermal alteration at surface and the recently identified geophysical anomalies
- Systematic drill testing is being planned while targets will be selected after the near-term completion of geological mapping
- To date in 2021, the company has done 17 holes and assays for 15 holes are still pending
- Shares of Summa Silver Corp. are down 6.42 per cent to C$1.02 as of 2:06 p.m. EDT
Summa Silver Corp. (SSVR) has announced results from a property-wide soil geochemical survey done at its Hughes Property in Tonopah, Nevada.
At least 2,700 samples were collected throughout a 5-kilometre area, which represents the first-ever soil survey done across this highly prospective land package between two grids.
The northern grid comprised 17 east-west oriented lines that were 100 metres apart with samples spaced 25 metres along the line. Meanwhile, the contiguous southern grid contained 30 north-south oriented lines spaced 100 metres with samples spaced 25 metres along the lines.
Additionally, multi-element soil anomalies were defined by high concentrations of arsenic, copper and lead while coincident anomalies were interpreted to represent concealed structurally controlled alteration zones to host possible epithermal-related mineralization.
“The completion and integration of new soil geochemistry together with data from our recently reported geophysical surveys represents an important step towards realizing the full potential of our Hughes property,” Galen McNamara, CEO of Summa Silver, said in a press release.
In line with this, the goal of the soil geochemical survey was to create new exploration targets by focusing on pathfinder element anomalism known to be tied with Tonopha-style epithermal-related, high-grade silver and gold mineralization.
To date in 2021, the company has completed 17 holes and assays for 15 holes are still pending.
Shares of Summa Silver Corp. are down 6.42 per cent to C$1.02 as of 2:06 p.m. EDT.