- Strikepoint Gold (SKP) has announced 2021 drill programs at its high-grade Porter Silver and Willoughby Gold Properties
- The properties are located in British Columbia’s prolific Golden Triangle
- An Phase I, 5,000-meter drill program will commence shortly at the Porter Silver Project, targeting extensions to known veins
- Drilling will begin at Willoughby mid-summer
- Strikepoint Gold is unchanged, trading at C$0.22 at 12:40 pm ET
Strikepoint Gold (SKP) has announced 2021 drill programs at its high-grade Porter Silver and Willoughby Gold Properties.
The two properties are located east of the mining town of Stewart in British Columbia’s prolific Golden Triangle.
Drilling will start at the Porter Projects, targeting extensions to known veins. Drilling will also target large, regional silver targets within the system that hosts the largest, historic pure silver producers in the area, the Prosperity and Porter-Idaho mines. Drilling is expected to begin at Willoughby mid-summer.
An initial 5,000-meter drill program will commence shortly at the Porter Silver Project.
The Porter Projects host two historically producing, silver-rich vein systems; the Silverado and Prosperity-Porter Idaho.
A second drill rig will be mobilized to the Willoughby property to complete an initial 3,000-meter program.
The Willoughby Project is located along the eastern margin of the Cambria Icefield, approximately seven kilometres east of the advanced-staged Red Mountain Deposit.
“Our 2021 drilling programs are the most aggressive in the Company’s history. We have two primary objectives for drilling at the Porter Silver Project:
1) step out from high-grade silver mineralization mined in historic stopes at the Prosperity/Porter Idaho and Silverado Mines, and
2) drill the initial holes into the ‘Big Flex’, targeting the structural intersection of the two prolific vein systems, projected to occur under the Silverado ice sheet.
At Willoughby, we will continue to step out drill from multiple previous high-grade gold-silver intercepts, building on the technical breakthrough we achieved during the 2020 field season,” said StrikePoint President and CEO, Shawn Khunkhun.
Strikepoint Gold is unchanged, trading at C$0.22 at 12:40 pm ET.