- Sterling Metals Corp. (SAG) reported results from its 2022 drilling on the Sail Pond Project in Newfoundland
- The discovery of a new mineralized structure at the Sail Project resulted in the highest-grade copper and antimony seen at the project
- Sterling’s 2022 drilling program successfully completed 34 new holes for over 7,500m of drilling
- Sterling Metals Corp is engaged in the exploration and development of resource properties
- Sterling Metals Corp. (SAG) opened trading at C$0.31
Sterling Metals Corp. (SAG) reported results from its 2022 drilling on the Sail Pond Silver and Base Metal Project in Newfoundland.
Drilling results are from the Heimdall Zone and the new zone 500m north of Heimdall.
Significant drill results:
- 3,499.1 g/t Ag Eq over 0.35 m (1,564 g/t Ag, 8.33% Cu, 12.83% Pb, 2.74% Sb, & 3.93% Zn) within a broader interval of 294 g/t Ag Eqover 4.67m (129 g/t Ag, 0.66% Cu, 1.19% Pb, 0.22% Sb, & 0.45% Zn in hole SP-22-064 beginning at 179.23 m downhole; and
- 1,914 g/t Ag Eqover 0.28m (848 g/t Ag, 3.24% Cu, 4.27% Pb, 1.02% Sb, & 9.62% Zn) within a broader interval of 171.1 g/t Ag Eqover 6.74m (77.2 g/t Ag, 0.29% Cu, 0.69% Pb, 0.09% Sb, 0.61% Zn) in hole SP-22-053 beginning at 219.0 m downhole; and
- 1,485.3 g/t Ag Eq over 0.63m (520 g/t Ag, 1.81% Cu, 6.93% Pb, 0.57% Sb and 10.86% Zn) within a broader interval of 179.8 g/t Ag Eqover 5.58 m (63.3 g/t Ag, 0.22% Cu, 0.84% Pb, 0.07% Sb, & 1.29% Zn) in hole SP-22-047 beginning at 125.47 m downhole; and
- 530.8 g/t Ag Eq over 0.93m (162.6g/t Ag, 0.79% Cu, 1.46% Pb, 0.22% Sb, 4.71% Zn) within a broader interval of 115.4 g/t Ag Eq over 7.3m (35.9 g/t Ag, 0.17% Cu, 0.41% Pb, 0.05% Sb, & 0.95% Zn) in hole SP-22-050 beginning at 194.7 m downhole.
Mathew Wilson, CEO of Sterling Metals, commented on the results.
“It is a pleasure to finally share with the market the terrific work we have done in only our second drill campaign at Sail Pond. This drill campaign solidifies the Heimdall Zone footprint, a 400m x 200m x 150m zone of mineralization. Through boots-on-the-ground prospecting and reinterpretation of old data, we discovered a completely new zone, 500m to the north, where the previous drilling had not identified a mineralized structure. This resulted in one of the highest-grade intervals we have seen to date and the highest-grade copper and antimony we have seen at the project. The company is in an enviable position with a rapidly advancing high-grade polymetallic mineral system, $4m in cash and a very strong team fully focused on unlocking the potential of the Sail Pond Project.”
Sterling’s 2022 drilling program successfully completed 34 new holes for over 7,500m of drilling at both new targets and the Heimdall Zone.
Sterling Metals is engaged in the exploration and development of resource properties. The company is exploring for silver and base metals at its newly acquired Sail Pond project in Northwestern Newfoundland.
Sterling Metals Corp. (SAG) opened trading at C$0.31.