- Stelmine Canada (TSXV:STH) has revealed exploration results from its Joubert Property in Quebec
- The company recently acquired 88 new staked land claims, which returned a grab sample result of 6.81 grams per tonne gold
- The results came in from just west of a mineral zone staked by Virginia Gold during its exploration of the site in 2007
- Further exploration 20 metres from the main zone returned grab samples at 4.69 grams per tonne gold
- Stelmine Canada (STH) is up 60 per cent and is trading at C$0.08 per share
Stelmine Canada (TSXV:STH) has revealed exploration results from grab sampling at the Joubert Property in Quebec.
Joubert sits in an historically prospective area in eastern Quebec and is 55 kilometres north east of the region’s Renard diamond mine.
The company returned a grab sample of 6.81 grams per tonne gold just west of the main Joubert zone. The discovery was made on new ground that was recently staked by Stelmine
The company staked 88 new claims, all contiguous with the initial property. The Joubert property now consists of 247 claims, 100 per cent owned by Stelmine, with a total area of 128 kilometres squared.
The company believes the newly staked area has similar geological characteristics to the initial exploration on the property, which was performed by Virginia Gold.
Virginia Gold initially made the initially discovery at the site in 2007, which has been the basis for much of the work conducted on the site since.
Stelmine has also been conducting other exploration work on other areas of the site. Stelmine conducted channel sampling work 20 metres away from Virginia Gold’s original samples.
Stelmine’s follow-up testing returned 4.69 grams per tonne gold.
Isabelle Proulx, the President and CEO of Stelmine said the new results allows for the projection of a larger mineralization zone than initially determined.
“The company will go ahead with a more detailed exploration campaign to confirm the potential of this discovery and consider new gold prospective zones,” Isabelle stated.
Stelmine Canada (STH) is up 60 per cent and is trading at C$0.08 per share at 2:30 pm EDT.