- Stelmine Canada (TSXV:STH) has posted the fruits of its labours at the Joubert gold property, with exploration work wrapping up for the season
- Stelmine was investigating an 80 metre by 260 metre gold bearing zone on the property
- The company conducted trenching work, structural mapping, and grab sampling
- Results returned further evidence of gold mineralization, alongside arsenic and traces of base metals
- Stelmine Canada (STH) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.045 per share
Stelmine Canada (TSXV:STH) has posted the fruits of its labours at the Joubert gold property, with exploration work wrapping up for the season.
Stelmine was conducting an exploration program on an 80 metre by 260 metre section of the site. The section sits on top of the north east portion of the site’s gold bearing zone.
According to Stelmine, the results have increased the possibility of further expanding gold mineralization.
Results from grab samples included 0.3 grams per tonne to 0.6 grams per tonne gold. The company also intersected some arsenic mineralisation, grading at 1,300 parts per million
Stelmine has stated the results confirm the initial gold strike Virgina Gold made on the property in 2007, which graded at the respectable 4.69 grams per tonne.
The work done during the exploration season has included a build out of the sites geological three-dimensional map, including mapping the three gold bearing structures.
Stelmine also conducted 60 grab samples, mainly from the three showings already discerned.
President and CEO of Stelmine, Isabelle Proulx said the exploration work of Stelmine confirms the strong gold potential of the Joubert property.
“The gold-arsenic association found in grab and channel samples collected from quartz veins-rich sheared paragneiss rocks extending for several kilometres bodes well for future discoveries.
“The area surrounding the Joubert property located within the La Grande Sub-province, sparks a renewed interest from junior mining companies,” she said.
Stelmine Canada (STH) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.045 per share.