- Spearmint Resources (CSE:SPMT) has added six new mineral claims to its exploration portfolio in northern Quebec
- The newly acquired claims will bring the Perron-East Project to a total of 10,910 acres
- The company is also working to advance its two Nevada lithium properties
- One of the properties has already been drilled and a drill program is currently being developed for the second
- Spearmint Resources (SPMT) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.035 per share
Spearmint Resources (CSE:SPMT) has added six new mineral claims to its exploration portfolio in northern Quebec.
The newly acquired claims will bring the Perron-East Project to a total of 10,910 acres.
According to Spearmint, the new minerals blocks are prospective ground for orogenic gold and poly metallic style mineralization and located close to Amex Exploration’s Perron property and the now-closed Normetal Mine.
President of Spearmint Resources, James Nelson said the acquisition would add a key piece to the Perron East project.
“The spot price of gold has been steadily rising and the general sentiment towards the exploration market has been increasingly positive.
“We have flow through funds on hand and are excited to begin work on the claims package.
“We also look forward to getting back to work Jon our lithium in Clayton Valley,” James commented.
Spearmint has also revealed the company’s plans for its lithium projects in Nevada.
A few years ago, the company picked up the Elon Property and the McGee Property in Nevada, which cover a total combined area of 1,160 acres.
The company has already drilled the McGee Property, with the Elon Property next in line. The drilling at McGee sunk three holes, which all intersected mineralization.
Turning to its market recent performance, Spearmint’s share price has largely recovered since the onset of COVID-189 pandemic.
The company was at a high of four cents at the end of January, before falling to one cent per share in mid-March. However, since then the company’s market capitalisation has been steadily rising.
Spearmint Resources (SPMT) is currently holding steady at C$0.035 per share at 11:00 am EDT.