- Sonoro Gold (SGO) is reporting assay results from an additional 25 RC drill holes completed at four of the 18 gold mineralized zones within the Cerro Caliche gold concession
- The gold concession is located in Sonora, Mexico
- The company has expanded its El Colorado Zone in three directions
- Mineralization at El Colorado remains open in all directions and to depth
- Sonoro Gold is unchanged on the day, with shares of the company trading at C$0.18 at 10:20 am ET
Sonoro Gold is reporting assay results from an additional 25 RC drill holes.
These drill holes were completed at four of the 18 gold mineralized zones within the Cerro Caliche gold concession.
The gold concession is located in Sonora, Mexico. Recent drilling successfully tested on-strike and lateral extensions at El Colorado, Cabeza Blanca, Buena Vista and Boludito.
The company has also expanded the El Colorado Zone in three directions. Eight additional drill holes were completed in the El Colorado gold mineralized zone, bringing the total drilled in the zone to 22 holes and further extending the dimensions of the zone to the north, south and east.
Gold-bearing veins in this zone depart from the uniform northwest-prominent trend of the district and exhibit numerous splays and abrupt directional changes in the vein trends.
Mineralization at El Colorado remains open in all directions and to depth.
"Upon the imminent receipt of the final assays for the current phase of the drill program, our database will contain over 47,500 meters of historic and recent data from 433 core and RC holes, of which 34,550 meters were drilled by Sonoro since 2018. The data will be processed by Micon International in the preparation of an updated NI 43-101 technical report and by D.E.N.M. Engineering in the preparation of a Preliminary Economic Assessment on the Cerro Caliche project. We anticipate a resumption of the drilling program in August 2021, following receipt of these reports," said Sonoro President and CEO Kenneth MacLeod.
Sonoro Gold is a publicly listed exploration and development company with a portfolio of exploration-stage precious metal properties in Sonora State, Mexico.
Sonoro Gold is unchanged on the day, with shares of the company trading at C$0.18 at 10:20 am ET.