- Small Pharma Inc. (DMT) announces research and development updates on two DMT based candidates, SPL028 and SPL026
- Two additional trials have been added to SPL026’s development program while the SPL028 program moves towards a Phase I clinical trial in 2022
- The stages will assess patients who are taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
- Small Pharma is planning a further study of SPL026 in 2022 to compare the modes of administration
- Small Pharma Inc. (DMT) is down 7.84 per cent trading at $0.23 per share as of 12:30 p.m.EST.
Small Pharma (DMT) has provided R&D updates on two DMT-based candidates, SPL028 and SPL026.
Small Pharma’s short duration psychedelics can be effective, accessible, and practical for in-clinic treatments for a range of mental health conditions. Two additional trials have been added to SPL026’s development program while the SPL028 program moves towards a Phase I clinical trial in 2022.
Small Pharma is expanding its development program with the addition of a drug interaction study, planned for 2022, following the success of its SPL026’s Phase I trial. This study will assess the impact of antidepressants on psychotherapy.
The stages will assess patients with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), who are taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) but have not achieved satisfactory results.
Small Pharma is also planning a further Phase I study of SPL026 in 2022 to compare the treatment profile of intramuscular (IM) versus intravenous (IV) modes of administration. IM injection would offer a simple injectable form that could enhance convenience and accessibility for treatment.
Small Pharma has advanced its SPL028 through preclinical studies. The company’s goal is to deliver treatment with an extended psychedelic experience, as compared to SPL026, but still significantly shorter than the experience of other psychedelics.
With SPL028, Small Pharma is exploring if an extended duration could offer a DMT treatment tailored for other mental health conditions. Additionally, the pharmacokinetic profile of SPL028 offers the opportunity for alternative routes of administration.
Preclinical studies suggest that SPL028 offers a similar safety and pharmacological profile to SPL026 and could offer a potentially extended psychedelic experience in comparison.
Small Pharma intends to initiate a phase I study of SPL028 with psychotherapy.
Small Pharma Inc. (DMT) is down 7.84 per cent trading at $0.23 per share as of 12:30 p.m. EST.