- Skylight Health will partner with Adagio Therapeutics in a Phase 2/3 clinical trial evaluating ADG20 for the prevention of symptomatic COVID-19
- Skylight Health will enroll both existing Skylight Health patients as well as individuals from the general population
- Trial participants will either receive the monoclonal antibody, ADG20, or a placebo
- Skylight Health will be responsible for enrolling, administering the investigational product (or placebo), and following trial participants
- Adagio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
- Skylight Health Group is a healthcare services and technology company
Skylight Health will participate in a Phase 2/3 clinical trial evaluating ADG20 for the prevention of symptomatic COVID-19.
Skylight Health has signed a contract with Adagio Therapeutics to enroll patients into the Phase 2/3 EVADE trial.
Skylight Health’s clinic in Burlington, MA will enroll both existing Skylight Health patients as well as individuals from the general population. The trial itself is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, meaning that participants will have a 50/50 chance of receiving either the monoclonal antibody, ADG20, or a placebo.
The trial seeks to enroll two separate populations:
- individuals with known exposure to a person with laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection (post-exposure); and
- individuals who are at increased risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection (pre-exposure).
The primary endpoint is the proportion of participants with symptomatic COVID-19 through day 28 for the post-exposure cohort and through six months for the pre-exposure cohort.
Participants will be followed for 12 months following receipt of the trial product (ADG20 or placebo).
Approximately 100 clinic sites will participate internationally to enroll 6,400 participants for the EVADE trial.
“We are incredibly excited to have the opportunity to partner with Adagio on this important initiative. Skylight Health is dedicated to contributing to the advancement of medical science and participating in clinical trials as a recruiting site to provide the opportunity for patients to access ground-breaking treatments and preventative measures. This trial comes at a pivotal moment in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic while SARS-CoV-2 variants are on the rise and vaccine supply and acceptance struggles continue worldwide,” said Alisha Garibaldi, Clinical Research Manager.
Skylight Health will be responsible for consenting, enrolling, administering the investigational product (or placebo), and following trial participants while monitoring for safety and the onset of any COVID-19-like symptoms.
Skylight Health will be compensated for all trial-related activities with compensation tied directly to successfully enrolling and following research participants. Participants are also compensated for their time in the trial.
Adagio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of antibody-based solutions for infectious diseases with pandemic potential.
Skylight Health Group is a healthcare services and technology company, working to positively impact patient health outcomes.
Skylight Health Group Inc. (SHG) opened trading at C$6.45 per share.