- Sitka Gold (SIG) is pleased to announce assay results from diamond drill hole DDRCCC-21-021 from the 2021 exploration program at its RC Gold Project
- Highlights include 220.1 metres of 1.17 g/t gold from 6.0 to 226.1 metres
- The drill results reflect what the company believes to be a structurally controlled, high-grade gold corridor that is running throughout this large intrusion-related gold system
- The company is awaiting results for the remaining 5 drill holes
- The RC Gold Project is located in the heart of Yukon’s Tintina Gold Belt and of the Tombstone Gold Belt
- Sitka Gold Corp. is Canadian-based junior gold, silver and copper explorer
- Gold Corp. (SIG) is up 44.44 per cent on the day, trading at C$0.13 per share at 1:20 pm EST
Sitka Gold (SIG) is pleased to announce assay results from diamond drill hole DDRCCC-21-021 from the 2021 exploration program at its RC Gold Project.
The project is located within the Yukon’s prolific Tombstone Gold Belt.
The company is very excited about the exceptional results from Hole 21 and is currently working on plans for a follow-up drill program.
Corwin Coe, P.Geo., CEO and Director of Sitka sat down with Caroline Egan to highlight the exciting drill results.
Gold assay highlights from DDRCCC-2021-021 include:
- 220.1 metres of 1.17 g/t gold from 6.0 to 226.1 metres including:
- 103.2 metres of 1.61 g/t gold from 80.8 metres
- 50.5 metres of 2.08 g/t gold from 120.0 metres
- 20.5 metres of 2.85 g/t gold from 150.0 metres
- 6.1 metres of 4.30 g/t gold from 120.0 metres
- 0.2 metres of 35.70 g/t gold from 80.8 metres and
- 0.5 metres of 9.81 g/t gold from 81.0 metres
“The results from Hole 21 are very impressive and reflect what we believe to be a structurally controlled, high-grade gold corridor that is running throughout this large intrusion-related gold system. This gold system is currently interpreted to be approximately 2 kilometres long by 500 metres wide based on the gold-in-soil anomaly surface signature and the drilling conducted to date.
Discovering gold values of this calibre, in what is characteristically a low-grade bulk-tonnage gold deposit target, exceeded our expectations and further reinforces our belief that this newly discovered gold-rich system has the scale and grades necessary to host an economic gold deposit of significant size.
“In addition to these drill results, we also received assay results for 10 rock samples taken late in the season, after the completion of Hole 21. These samples, located between 100 and 500 metres south of Hole 21, contained up to 11.00 g/t gold and define a new area of gold mineralization at surface that significantly expands the Saddle West Zone.
“Exploration efforts at the RC Gold Project continue to deliver impressive results and, with only 19 diamond drill holes completed across this gold system to date, there is plenty more to discover. We look forward to receiving results for the remaining 5 drill holes and rapidly advancing this along with several other underexplored targets across this district-scale, road accessible property.”
The RC Gold Project consists of a 376 square kilometre contiguous district-scale land package located in the heart of Yukon’s Tintina Gold Belt and of the Tombstone Gold Belt. The RC Gold Project land package comprises five underlying properties, namely, the RC, Bee Bop, Mahtin, Clear Creek, and Barney Ridge properties.
Sitka Gold Corp. is Canadian-based junior gold, silver and copper explorer.
Sitka Gold Corp. (SIG) is up 44.44 per cent on the day, trading at C$0.13 per share at 1:20 pm EST.