- Signature Resources (SGU) has appointed Robert Vallis as the mining company’s new President, CEO and Director
- Robert is a veteran of the gold mining industry, having worked in the sector for approximately 25 years
- He has worked for numerous TSX-listed companies including Golden Star Resources (GSC), Yamana Gold (YRI), and Barrick Gold (ABX)
- At Signature, Robert will lead the company as it focuses on its Lingman Lake gold project
- Signature Resources is up 7.14 per cent and is currently trading for C$0.075 per share
Signature Resources (SGU) has appointed Robert Vallis as the mining company’s new President, CEO and Director.
Robert is a veteran of the gold mining industry, having worked in the sector for approximately 25 years. Prior to joining Signature, he was the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development with TSX-listed miner Golden Star Resources (GSC).
Before that, Robert served as a Business Development executive at TSX-listed miner Yamana Gold (YRI). During his tenure there, he worked on transactions including the C$3.9 billion joint acquisition of Osisko, for 50 per cent of Canada’s largest operating gold mine.
Prior to his nine-year stint with Yamana, Robert spent 15 years with TSX-listed miner Barrick Gold (ABX). He worked in various roles during this time, but most notably worked on the Placer Dome acquisition, one of the largest mining merger and acquisition transactions in Canadian history.
Robert will bring his wealth of expertise in areas such as corporate development, project management, financial evaluations and mine engineering to his new role at Signature Resources.
In particular, he will lead the company as it focuses on its high-grade Lingman Lake gold project. The project is an extensive land package located near Canada’s premier gold mining district.
Commenting on his new position, Robert said that he was pleased and excited to join the company.
“The remarkable quality of the company’s entire team and the high-grade Lingman Lake gold project present a significant opportunity to the company and its shareholders with exceptional potential for rapid value growth,” he said.
“The Lingman Lake gold project is an extensive land package residing near Canada’s premier gold mining district, rich with high-grade gold production, resource potential, and valued stakeholder participation,” he added.
Robert went on to say that Signature Resources is uniquely positioned for focused and disciplined growth, which he looks forward to delivering on in the future.
Signature Resources is up 7.14 per cent and trading for C$0.075 per share, as of 10:50am EST.