- SHARC International Systems’ (SHRC) wastewater energy system will be used in Colorado’s first net zero energy commercial building
- The company's PIRANHA system will be installed at the second phase of Boulder Commons, to reduce the building’s energy use
- SHARC’s technology will capture the heat from the building’s wastewater, and use it to heat water for showers and sinks
- This will reduce energy use and energy costs for owners, tenants, and residents of the Boulder Commons complex
- SHARC International Systems (SHRC) remains unchanged, and is currently trading for C$0.32 per share
SHARC International Systems’ (SHRC) wastewater energy system will be used in Colorado’s first net zero energy commercial building.
Colorado’s Boulder Commons development is a US project which aims to create net zero energy and net zero carbon buildings. The second phase of Boulder Common consists of two buildings, containing roughly 98,000 square feet.
The first building will be commercial, primarily consisting of office space, while the second will be a multi-family residential building. Both buildings will also have retail space on the first floors.
SHARC’s PIRANHA energy system will be installed at the Boulder Commons’ second phase, located at 3200 Bluff Street. The system will capture the heat from the wastewater coming out of the residential building, and use it to heat water for hot showers and sinks.
This will reduce the complex’s energy use, and also decrease energy costs for owners, tenants, and residents.
SHARC’s Chairman and CEO, Lynn Mueller, commented on the company’s involvement in the Colorado project.
“We are proud to be part of Boulder Commons, which is pioneering the way to reduce the energy we too often waste in our commercial and residential buildings. The water we send down the drain daily contains heat, which SHARC recaptures and uses again and again.
“This project is part of our plan to bring both economic and environmental value to the water we too often discard, forgetting it contains valuable energy that can be recaptured for positive bottom-line and environmental benefits," he said.
SHARC International Systems (SHRC) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.32 per share at 2:43pm EDT.