- Scorpio Gold (SGN) has drilled up to 203.1 g/t gold over 1.5 m at its Manhattan Mine Property in Nevada
- Assays from the first phase of RC drilling show near-surface, high-grade mineralization over broad intersections in the West Pit area
- Additional results include 2.03 g/t gold over 6.1 m, as well as 71.3 g/t gold over 4.6 m, which contains the 200 g/t sub-section
- Upcoming targeted core drilling and systematic RC drilling will define unexplored trends on the property
- Scorpio Gold is a mineral exploration company focused on projects in Nevada
- Scorpio Gold (SGN) is up by 15 per cent and is currently trading at $0.115 per share
Scorpio Gold (SGN) has drilled up to 203.1 g/t gold over 1.5 m at its Manhattan Mine Property.
The result stems from the surface RC drilling program at the Manhattan West and East pits on the recently acquired property.
The first phase of the RC drilling program is now complete, including 19 holes in the West Pit area and 12 holes in the East Pit area over 6,907 m. Assays – including 12 previously reported and two in the table below – show near-surface, high-grade mineralization over broad intersections in the West Pit area with 17 still under analysis.
Hole MWRC21-004 returned 71.3 g/t gold over 4.6 m including 203.1 g/t gold over 1.5 m. The lithology and mineralization closely resembles the high-grade intersection in MWRC21-001, which returned 20.04 g/t gold over 15.3 m. Hole 004 is located 297 m southeast of 001 along the strike of the mineralized structural trend.
Hole MWRC21-003, collared ~140 m northwest of 004, intersected a barren fault zone at the expected target depth, suggesting the mineralized zone is faulted out in this location. Gold mineralization was encountered a further 30 m downhole within a stockwork calcite zone returning 2.03 g/t gold over 6.1 m.
Manhattan Mine drilling – significant results
|West Pit area|
Drilling in the West Pit is targeting gold mineralization in the vicinity of the northwestern trending and northeastern dipping Little Gray Fault Zone, at the junction of prominent cross structures postulated to control high-grade mineralization.
Little Gray appears to be post-mineralization in age and has upthrown the mineralized block to near surface. Gold mineralization is hosted within intensely faulted and folded quartz ± mica schist within Paleozoic Goldhill Formation metasediments. Results to date indicate a 300 m continuous mineralization trend from the West Pit northward from as shallow as 19 m from surface.
Drilling to date at the Manhattan Mine indicates a shallow, southwestern dipping trend to the mineralization. Targeted core drilling and systematic RC definition drilling will determine the mineralization’s potential and modes of occurrence.
Scorpio Gold is a mineral exploration company focused on projects in Nevada.
Scorpio Gold (SGN) is up by 15 per cent and is currently trading at $0.115 per share as of 11:26 am ET.