- Satellos Bioscience (MSCL) obtains a new in-licensing patent application
- The company’s main goal is to work toward developing therapeutics that change the way degenerative muscle diseases are treated
- The new patent application is licensed to Satellos according to an amending agreement entered into between Satellos and OHRI on June 29, 2022
- This application amends an existing licensing agreement dated May 1, 2018, as amended
- This patent filing broadens intellectual property in its portfolio while strengthening its competitive position
- Satellos Bioscience Inc. (MSCL) is up over 20 per cent, trading at C$0.55 at 11:16 am EST
Satellos Bioscience (MSCL) has filed a patent application with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The company’s main goal is to work toward developing therapeutics that change the way degenerative muscle diseases are treated.
Filed from the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, “This patent filing broadens intellectual property in our portfolio and strengthens our competitive position by expanding our understanding of regulatory pathways and therapeutics capable of modulating muscle stem cell activity,” said Satellos Co-Founder and CEO Frank Gleeson.
“[…] this patent application will help us accelerate our discovery and development efforts for a novel treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy and potentially other dystrophies and muscle disorders,” added Gleeson.
Satellos Co-founder and CSO, Dr. Michael Rudnicki, a co-inventor, added, “this new patent application represents the culmination of two years of imaginative and detailed scientific effort led by Dr. Kasun Kodippili in my academic lab at OHRI to systematically map regulatory pathways affecting stem cell polarity.”
“We are pleased to have a partner such as Satellos to help us turn discoveries at The Ottawa Hospital into new therapies for patients,” said Dr. Duncan Stewart, CEO and Scientific Director of OHRI and Executive Vice-President of Research at The Ottawa Hospital.
The new patent application is licensed to Satellos according to an amending agreement between Satellos and OHRI on June 29, 2022.
This patent application, “Modulation of Satellite Cell Polarity and Asymmetric Cell Division,” amends an amended existing licensing agreement dated May 1, 2018.
Satellos is a biotechnology company that develops life-changing medicines to treat degenerative muscle conditions.
The company’s scientists have seemingly discovered what they believe to be known as a previously unrecognized root cause of skeletal muscle degeneration.
Satellos Bioscience Inc. (MSCL) is up over 20 per cent, trading at C$0.55 at 11:16 am EST.