- Revive Therapeutics (CSE:RVV) has engaged Novotech as its Asia-Pacific clinical research organisation
- Novotech will help to pursue future human clinical studies regarding Bucillamine as a treatment for infectious diseases
- It’s hoped that Bucillamine, an existing treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, might be able to treat COVID-19
- The relationship with Novotech comes after Revive announced the progression of its discussions with the US FDA
- Revive Therapeutics (RVV) is currently up 8.7 per cent to C$0.12 per share, with a market cap of $7.6 million
Revive Therapeutics (CSE:RVV) has engaged Novotech as its Asia-Pacific clinical research organisation.
Based in Sydney, Australia, Novotech provides clinical development services across all clinical trial phases and therapeutic areas.
This includes regulatory submissions, data management, statistical analysis, medical monitoring, safety services, central lab services and vendor management.
Novotech will help to pursue future human clinical studies for the use of Revive’s Bucillamine drug as a treatment for infectious diseases, potentially including COVID-19.
Bucillamine has been prescribed as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis in Japan and South Korea for the last 30 years. Given its areas of effectiveness, it’s thought that the drug may be repurposed as a treatment for acute lung injuries associated with viral infections.
The planned clinical study will evaluate whether or not Bucillamine has the ability, through the restoration of glutathione activity and other anti-inflammatory activity, to reduce the impact of influenza and other infections, such as COVID-19.
Michael Frank, CEO of Revive Therapeutics, is optimistic about the support from Novotech.
“We have assembled an exemplary team of scientific, clinical and regulatory experts.
“Novotech will assist our team in exploring the potential for a Phase 2 clinical study for Bucillamine in the treatment of infectious diseases in the APAC region,” he said.
The partnership with Novotech comes after an earlier announcement this month, which outlined the progression of discussions with the US Food and Drug Administration.
Revive Therapeutics revealed that it had filed its Pre-Investigational New Drug meeting request with the regulatory body. It’s hoped that, following the meeting, the company will obtain approval to advance to a Phase Two clinical study of Bucillamine in the US.
Revive Therapeutics (RVV) is currently up 8.7 per cent to C$0.12 per share at 12:37pm EST.