- Psychedelics company, Red Light Holland (TRIP) has started growing its first magic truffles crop in the Netherlands, ahead of schedule
- The company did so by expediting the build-out of its indoor growing, production, and distribution facility in Horst
- Red Light Holland expects its initial batch, consisting of 100,000 grams of magic truffles, to be ready in late October
- The truffles will be harvested over six weeks, and prepared for internal testing, packaging, and distribution in the Netherlands
- Red Light Holland (TRIP) remains unchanged and is currently trading at C$0.08 per share
Psychedelics company, Red Light Holland (TRIP) has started growing its first magic truffles crop in the Netherlands, ahead of schedule.
The company was able to commence its inaugural crop by expediting the build-out of its growing, production, and distribution facility. The facility, located in Horst, is approximately 3,000 square feet, custom-built, and designed for indoor growing.
The company’s swift progress towards this goal is all the more impressive, considering the impact of delays related to COVID-19.
Red Light Holland’s Director and CEO, Todd Shapiro, commented on the early arrival of this major milestone for the company.
“After careful research and planning, including working with our staff, consultants and contractors in the Netherlands, and sourcing our truffles’ genetics, substrates and the proper equipment, Red Light Holland is ecstatic to announce that we have started to grow our first batch of magic truffles, much quicker than originally anticipated.
“This is another important milestone for the company, and we are quite proud to be moving along so quickly and efficiently,” he said.
Red Light Holland is growing three strains of magic truffles, called Psilocybe Mexicana, Psilocybe Galindoi, and Psilocybe Tampanensis. The company expects that its first batch will consist of approximately 100,000 grams of magic truffles.
Red Light Holland has estimated that the first batch is likely to be available in late October, 2020.
Once ready, the truffles will be harvested over a period of approximately six weeks. During this time, they will be prepared for internal testing, and eventually packaged and distributed in the Netherlands.
Red Light Holland (TRIP) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.08 per share at 1:46pm EDT.