- RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. (AMY) has announced its new patented recycling and upcycling process with C4V
- Using its battery-ready material, new battery cells were successfully assembled
- The performance and materials were validated by C4V
- A second, larger batch of material has been shipped to begin phase qualification testing
- RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. (AMY) is unchanged and is trading at $0.44 per share as of 2:21 p.m. ET
RecycLiCo Battery Materials (AMY) has announced its new patented recycling and upcycling process with C4V.
Using the company’s battery-ready material, new battery cells were successfully assembled, and the performance was validated by C4V.
C4V is an intellectual property company that creates next-generation storage materials with expertise in electrode design and process development.
Cliff Olin, CBDO of C4V, commented,
“C4V is pleased to confirm RecycLiCo’s recycled materials have successfully achieved qualification status through our supply chain partner qualification program… further testing and the opportunity to help demonstrate the viability of recycling within the lithium-ion battery value chain which is built on sustainability.”
Test results indicated that the specific capacity and stability of the battery cell are acceptable, and the material has been deemed qualified.
With the use of future recycled material for the qualification process in mind, RecycLiCo has shipped a second, larger batch of precursor cathode material to begin phase two qualification testing. This will include the production of multi-layer commercial-size pouches and prismatic cells.
Zarko Meseldzija, CEO and Director of RecycLiCo, added,
“We have shown a closed loop for lithium-ion batteries, and with our technology, we could enable battery manufacturers to complete all recycling and battery production on one site.”
RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. (AMY) is unchanged and is trading at $0.44 per share as of 2:21 p.m. ET.