- Radient Technologies’ (RTI) bioU products are being used by the University Health Network in a new medical cannabis study
- The study will involve a clinical trial to assess the effects of medical cannabis on pain, sleep, and anxiety disorders
- Three of Radient’s bioU oral spray formulations will be available to patients enrolled in the study
- The observational study will follow at least 2,000 patients over a period of 24 weeks
- Radient Technologies (RTI) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.15 per share
Radient Technologies’ (RTI) bioU products are being used by the University Health Network in a new medical cannabis study.
The company is participating in the study in partnership with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers, a subsidiary of Shoppers Drug Mart.
The UHN’s Medical Cannabis Real-World Evidence (MC-RWE) Study will involve a nation-wide clinical trial. Its purpose will be to assess the effects that medical cannabis has on pain, sleep, and anxiety disorders.
The observational study, led by UHN’s Dr Hance Clarke, will enrol at least 2,000 patients. The patients will be followed over a 24-week period, while the impacts of the bioU products they use are assessed.
Radient’s bioU is a brand of cannabis extract products, developed for and exclusively sold by Medical Cannabis by Shoppers. The brand was launched with the release of oral cannabis sprays in three different formulations.
Those three bioU oral spray formulations will be available to the patients enrolled in the MC-RWE study. This will provide the patients with a variety of THC and CBD product options, in a convenient and standard-dose format.
In order to make the cut, all of Radient’s bioU products underwent additional testing. The results of this testing was registered on TruTrace Technologies’ (CSE:TTT) software platform.
Radient Technologies’ CEO, Denis Taschuk, said the company is excited to partner with UHN, Shoppers, and TruTrace on this study.
“Providing patients and medical professionals with trusted products that deliver repeatable results is a crucial step in having cannabis incorporated into medical treatments, and is at the heart of all Radient products.
“Shoppers is creating a standard for medical cannabis, which along with the data from these clinical trials, will increase the confidence of both doctors and patients in using cannabis for medical purposes,” he said.
Radient Technologies (RTI) remains unchanged and is trading at C$0.15 per share at 11:30am EDT.