- Quarterhill’s (QTRH) International Road Dynamics (IRD) has been awarded a two-year, C$13.8M contract by the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)
- The contract involves the installation and maintenance of new and existing traffic data collection systems across the state
- The NYSDOT will utilize IRD’s iTHEIA non-intrusive data collection solution to enhance its data collection program
- Quarterhill offers solutions in intelligent transportation systems and intellectual property licensing
- Quarterhill (QTRH) is up by 1.4 per cent trading at $2.18 per share
Quarterhill’s (QTRH) IRD has been awarded a two-year, C$13.8M contract by the NYSDOT.
The contract involves the installation and maintenance of permanent traffic data collection systems across the state. This includes the state’s existing count, classification and weigh-in-motion sites, and the installation of new sites to enhance the department’s data collection program.
NYSDOT will utilize IRD’s iTHEIA non-intrusive data collection solution, which is designed to perform regardless of road conditions and does not require road closures for installation and maintenance.
The data collected assesses transportation needs and highway infrastructure performance, and aids in the development of highway planning and programming recommendations.
“This exciting project with NYSDOT reinforces our commitment to enhance safety, improve traffic flows and address environmental challenges with our solutions and strengthens our long-term service and maintenance revenues, a key driver of stable and sustainable growth,” stated Rish Malhotra, IRD’s President and CEO.
International Road Dynamics is a technology company developing components and advanced systems for the next generation of transportation networks.
Quarterhill is a leading provider of tolling and enforcement solutions in the intelligent transportation systems industry. It also provides intellectual property licensing services through its Wi-LAN subsidiary.
Quarterhill (QTRH) is up by 1.4 per cent trading at $2.18 per share as of 9:40 am EST.