- PyroGenesis Canada has announced that its Additive Manufacturing NexGen™ Powder production line is now in place and producing powders
- The NexGen Plasma Atomization System has exceeded all published plasma-atomized production rates for titanium
- There are several major top-tier aerospace companies and original equipment manufacturers awaiting powders from the new production line
- PyroGenesis Canada is a world leader in design development manufacture and commercialization of advanced plasma processes
- PyroGenesis (PYR) is up 1.27 per cent and is currently trading at $6.38 per share
PyroGenesis Canada has announced that its Additive Manufacturing NexGen™ Powder production line is now in place and producing powders.
The new NexGen production line, which manufactures plasma atomized metal powder, incorporates all the improvements previously announced, including increased production rate, lower capital and operational expenditures, and narrower particle size distribution.
The company will, over the next several weeks, perform a number of test runs to confirm batch consistency and expects to start delivering powders before the end of Q2 2021.
P. Peter Pascali, CEO and Chair of PyroGenesis, commented on the announcement, saying,
“We have reached this milestone which many have been waiting for.”
“It was important that we incorporate these improvements into our process before locking it down for commercial orders. As such, we are now able to say that we are producing powders at never seen before production rates using plasma.”
The NexGen Plasma Atomization System, with a production rate exceeding 25kg/h, has exceeded all published plasma-atomized production rates for titanium.
Massimo Dattilo, Vice President of PyroGenesis Additive, also commented,
“In addition to the increased production rates and yields afforded by NexGen, the downstream changes that we have also incorporated into the process now allow for even further control over powder morphology.”
As previously disclosed, there are several major top-tier aerospace companies and original equipment manufacturers awaiting powders from PyroGenesis’ new production line.
PyroGenesis Canada is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of advanced plasma processes.
The company provides technical and manufacturing expertise, cutting-edge contract research as well as turnkey process equipment packages to the defence, metallurgical, mining, additive manufacturing 3D printing, oil and gas, and environmental industries.
PyroGenesis (PYR) is up 1.27 per cent and is trading at $6.38 per share as of 10:27 am ET.