- Puma Exploration Inc. (PUMA) has announced that preliminary data from an airborne geophysical survey conducted at the Williams Brook Gold property has revealed a distinct magnetic signature at least seven kilometres in length
- The magnetic anomaly coincides with the gold mineralization discovered in surface samples taken in 2020, including grab samples of up to 241 g/t Au
- The company plans to begin field work on its 2021 exploration program starting May 10 at the O’Neil Gold Trend
- Puma Exploration is a Canadian-based mineral exploration company with precious and base metals projects in early to advanced stages
- Puma Exploration Inc. (PUMA) is up 9.52 per cent and is trading at $0.23 per share
Puma Exploration (PUMA) has shared preliminary results from an airborne geophysical survey conducted at the Williams Brook Gold Property.
The survey revealed a distinct magnetic signature at least seven kilometres in length.
The magnetic anomaly has been confirmed to coincide with the gold mineralization discovered in surface samples taken in 2020, including grab samples up to 241 g/t Au.
Marcel Robillard, president and CEO of Puma, commented on the results.
“Now that we have in hand the preliminary data from the VTEM survey,” said Mr. Robillard, “the team has established the first priority targets to discovered new gold zones as we did in 2020 and to expand the 2020 new gold discoveries by stripping and with our first ever drilling program at O’Neil Gold Trend.”
The survey identified multiples targets over the entire Williams Brook Gold property, and geophysical consultants are currently interpreting, filtering and finalizing the interpretation of the entire survey.
“We are very excited to launch our 2021 field program and can’t wait to have the geological team on site with boots on the ground,” added Mr. Robillard.
The fully-funded initial 2021 program will include:
- Cleaning the 2020 trenches with pumps and excavator;
- Detailed mapping of the cleaned trenches and stripped area;
- Analysis and study by structural experts from Terrane Geoscience Inc.;
- Systematic channels sampling;
- A drone aerial survey;
- An IP ground geophysical survey; and
- A drilling campaign of 4,000 meters
The initial program will be directed on the newly discovered O’Neil Gold Trend, confirmed so far by trenching over 650 meters. More trenching, stripping and the inaugural drilling program will explore the high-grade gold area between the O’Neil Gold Zone to the Moose Gold Zone.
Puma Exploration is a Canadian-based mineral exploration company with precious and base metals projects in early to advanced stages.