- Psychedelics company Numinus Wellness has initiated a study on COMP360 psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) as part of the largest international clinical study on psilocybin therapy
- The Utah-based study is part of COMPASS Pathway’s TRD program
- Positive results from COMPASS’ phase 2b trial showed that a 25 mg dose of COMP360 psilocybin, along with psychological support, resulted in 29.1% of participants achieving remission by week 3
- Numinus Wellness develops and delivers innovative mental healthcare and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies
- Numinus Wellness (TSX:NUMI) opened today at $0.255
Psychedelics company Numinus Wellness and subsidiary Cedar Clinical Research have initiated a study on psilocybin therapy.
The investigational study of COMP360 psilocybin, a potential treatment for treatment-resistant depression (TRD), is part of the largest-ever international clinical study on psilocybin therapy.
The study, located in Draper, Utah, is part of COMPASS Pathway’s phase 3 program in TRD. The program consists of two pivotal trials and aims to enroll over 800 participants, with topline data expected to be available in summer 2024 and mid-2025.
The launch of the phase 3 program follows positive results from COMPASS Pathways’ phase 2b trial, which demonstrated the efficacy and safety of COMP360 psilocybin in patients with TRD. After a single dose of COMP360 psilocybin, combined with psychological support, 29.1% of participants achieved remission by week 3. The results were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Individuals interested in participating in the study can visit Numinus’ website to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria.
COMPASS Pathways, a mental healthcare company, is dedicated to providing evidence-based innovation in mental health. It is pioneering a new model of psilocybin therapy using its proprietary formulation, COMP360, administered alongside psychological support.
Numinus Wellness develops and delivers innovative mental healthcare and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies.
Numinus Wellness (TSX:NUMI) opened today at $0.255.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.