- PreveCeutical Medical (CSE:PREV) has completed a program of development and evaluation regarding its cannabinoid soluble gel delivery system
- soluble gel are administered nasally and leverage the nose-to-brain pathway by using the central nervous system
- The company’s cannabinoid formulations are designed to treat a range of conditions, including epilepsy, neuropathic pain, multiple sclerosis and general pain
- PreveCeutical is currently waiting to receive a final report from UniQuest, after which it will pursue intellectual property protection and clinical trials
- PreveCeutical Medical (PREV) is currently up 16.67 per cent and is trading at 3.5 cents per share
PreveCeutical Medical (CSE:PREV) has completed a program of development and evaluation regarding its cannabinoid soluble gel delivery system.
The company’s proprietary soluble gel formulations are nasally administered and provide a sustained release that makes use of a direct nose-to-brain pathway.
The method bypasses the stomach and intestines, eliminating the first instance of metabolism, and is thought to dramatically improve bioavailability.
In addition, the gels remain in the nasal passage longer than traditional sprays, offering prolonged activity for up to seven days.
Soluble gels will also be universally patient-friendly, meaning that the formulations will be suitable for use by both children and adults.
Using the delivery system, PreveCeutical’s cannabinoid formulation has been designed to provide relief from a variety of conditions, including pain, inflammation, seizures and neurological disorders.
The company is currently awaiting a final report on the program from UniQuest, a branch of the University of Queensland that assist in the commercialisation of pharmaceutical and medical products.
Once the report has been received, PreveCeutical will move to secure intellectual property protection for its sol-gels, and intends to undertake a program of clinical trials.
Dr. Mak Jawadekar, President and Chief Scientific Officer of PreveCeutical Medical, was pleased to have concluded the program.
“Completion of the CBD Sol-Gel Program is a very significant milestone achievement for PreveCeutical.
“We are very excited about the therapeutic opportunities that will be derived from the program and look forward to progressing them through proof of concept studies,” he said.
PreveCeutical Medical (PREV) is currently up 16.67 per cent and is trading at 3.5 cents per share at 1:18pm EDT.