- Shareholders of Points.com have voted for a subsidiary of Plusgrade to acquire all of the shares of Points for US$25.00 per common share in cash
- 99.26 per cent of all the 10,168,849 shareholders voted in favour of the resolution
- The company has also met the conditions to the arrangement relating to receipt of certain required regulatory approvals
- Both parties currently anticipate that the closing of the arrangement will occur on or about June 30, 2022
- Points.com is a Canadian company engaged in providing web-based solutions to the loyalty program industry
- Points.com Inc. was up 0.747 per cent, trading at $32.35 at 3:24 PM ET
Points (PTS) shareholders have voted to support the acquisition of the company’s common shares by a subsidiary of Plusgrade L.P.
Points shareholders would receive US$25.00 per common share in cash.
A total of 99.26 per cent of the 10,168,849 shareholders voted in favour of the resolution.
Furthermore, the company has obtained the required regulatory approvals, including the receipt of written confirmation from the Canadian Commissioner of Competition on June 16, 2022. The other condition is the expiry of the required waiting period under the United States Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.
Subject to the granting of the Final Order by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) and the satisfaction or waiver of other customary closing conditions, the parties currently anticipate closing the arrangement on or about June 30, 2022.
Points.com Inc is a Canadian company engaged in providing web-based solutions to the loyalty program industry.
Points.com Inc. was up 0.747 per cent, trading at $32.35 at 3:24 PM ET.