- Pinecrest Resources (TSXV:PCR) has appointed Luke Alexander as its President and Chief Executive Officer
- He will replace Ryan King, who will remain a Director of the company
- Pinecrest also announced the appointment of Douglas Forster, an existing Director, as non-executive Chairman
- Announced alongside this news, the company is set to raise up to C$3 million through a non-brokered private placement
- Pinecrest Resources (PCR) is currently up 8 per cent, with shares trading at $0.27 and a market cap of $17.16 million
Pinecrest Resources (TSXV:PCR) has appointed Luke Alexander as President and Chief Executive Officer.
In September 2018, Luke founded Park Road Capital, a Vancouver-based, natural resource focused consulting company. He has since held the position of Principal and Director at Park Road.
Prior to that, he acted as Managing Director of GMP Securities, which is also based in Vancouver.
Before relocating to Vancouver, Luke spent 12 years in London. During this time, he held a senior partner position at GMP Securities Europe, as well as Vice President of National Bank Financial. He also acted as an equity sales trader at TD Securities.
Today’s announcement also noted the appointment of Douglas Forster, an existing Director of the company, to the position of non-executive Chairman.
Commenting on Luke’s appointment, Douglas said he brings a wealth of mining knowledge, contacts, and experience to the Pinecrest executive team and board.
“I have previously worked with Luke on Newmarket Gold and Calibre Mining where he had a significant impact on institutional investor awareness and capital campaigns,” he said.
Douglas also thanked outgoing CEO, Ryan King, who held the position since 2017 and will remain a Director of the company.
“Ryan has done an excellent job in advancing Pinecrest and our Enchi Gold Project and I look forward to continuing to work with Ryan as a valued member of the board,” he said.
Separately, Pinecrest Resources announced its intentions to conduct a non-brokered private placement for a total of up to C$3 million. The company plans to issue 15,000,000 common shares at a price of $0.20 each.
The proceeds will be used to advance the exploration and development of Pinecrest’s wholly owned Enchi Gold Project in Ghana, as well as for general corporate purposes.
Pinecrest Resources (PCR) is currently up 8 per cent, with shares trading for $0.27 at 11:06am EDT.