- Fibre optics manufacturer, Photon Control (TSX:PHO) has appointed Damian Towns as the company’s Chief Financial Officer
- He will replace Daniel Lee, who is stepping down to pursue other opportunities
- Damian has worked with various public companies in both senior executive and board roles for more than ten years
- Most recently, he acted as CFO, Corporate Secretary and Executive Director at Liberty Defence Holdings
- Photon Control (PHO) is currently down 6.54 per cent, with share trading at C$1.43 and a market cap of $149.45 million
Photon Control (TSX:PHO) has appointed Damian Towns as the company’s Chief Financial Officer.
The company designs, manufactures and distributes fibre optic temperature and position sensors primarily for the semiconductor industry, as well as a range of others.
Its technologies are found in a variety of end products, including mobile phones, laptops, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
Damian holds a first-class honours degree in accounting and finance from the University of Otago in New Zealand, and will replace outgoing CFO, Daniel Lee, who is stepping down to pursue other opportunities, effective May 13 this year.
Commenting on his appointment, Damian said he is excited to be joining the Photon team.
“I believe Photon Control is well placed to build on its recent record results, strong financial position, and continuing profitability.
“This will enable the Company to pursue and deliver significant growth by expanding not only its current operations inside the semi industry but also outside it,” he said.
A Canadian Chartered Accountant with over 20 years of accounting and finance experience, Damian most recently acted as CFO, Corporate Secretary and Executive Director of Liberty Defence Holdings.
Prior to that, he served as CFO and Corporate Secretary of Coro Mining.
Having worked with both development and operating-stage entities, Damian has significant experience in high-growth companies, garnering a breadth of insight from senior executive and board-level roles over the last ten years.
Nigel Hunton, CEO of Photon Control, also commented on Damian’s appointment.
“With Damian’s deep expertise and technical knowledge in all aspects of corporate finance, financial planning, accounting, and investor relations, he has the required leadership capabilities to enable the company to continue its strategy for future sustainable growth and enhanced shareholder value,” he said.
Damian will be based at Photon’s global headquarters, located in Richmond, Canada.
Photon Control (PHO) is currently down 6.54 per cent, with share trading for C$1.43 at 3:24pm EDT.