- Peruvian Metals Corp. (PER) has provided an update on its Aguila Note processing plant and Palta Dorada property
- In January and February 2023, the plant completed five mineral campaigns, including the processing of 442 metric tons
- The first two months of this year’s production levels are comparable to the first two months of 2022
- The company has also begun stockpiling gold-silver-copper-rich material from Palta Dorada’s main workings
- The average grade of the samples was 7.55 grams Au/mt, 6.07 ounces AG/mt and 0.70 per cent Cu
- Shares of Peruvian Metals are up 10 per cent to C$0.11 as of 12:16 p.m. EST
Peruvian Metals (PER) has announced an update for its Palta Dorada property and Aguila Norte Processing Plant, which it shares with Rio Silver Inc.
In a press release, the company said that between January and February of this year, the plant completed five mineral campaigns for a total of 4,442 metric tons processed. This year’s two-month production levels are comparable to the first two months of 2022, at 4,698 metric tons, Peruvian Metals said.
The plant continues to produce high-quality concentrates as well as excellent recoveries by producing 939 metric tons of zinc concentrate and 271 metric tons of lead-silver concentrate.
Palta Dorada update
Over at its Palta Dorada project, the company said it has begun stockpiling gold-silver-copper-rich material. So far, three random grab samples have been taken, with results including:
- The average grade of the samples was 7.55 grams Au/mt, 6.07 ounces Ag/mt and 0.70% Cu.
- Two samples were also taken from the sulphide-bearing quartz vein in the main adit where the material is currently being extracted.
- Assay results over a 1-metre width averaged 14.07 grams Au/mt, 9.01 ounces Ag/ mt and 2.01% Cu. I
- Two samples were taken from the oxide zone above the main workings and averaged 12.5 grams Au/mt, 7.89 ounces Ag/mt and 0.20% Cu.
“The sample results we report reflect the strong nature of this gold/silver/copper mineralization. In 2022, the company established the necessary infrastructure to accumulate sulphide material for a bulk sample. Access to the Plant is excellent, mainly along a paved highway,” Jeffrey Reeder, CEO of Peruvian Metals, said in a release. “We will start to conduct additional metallurgical testing before the material is processed. We will also ship oxide gold material from our Palta Dorada project to third-party toll mills for sale once 30 mt of oxide material has been accumulated at the site. “
Peruvian Metals is a Canadian exploration and mineral processing company that is focused on acquiring and developing precious metals and base metal properties in Peru.
Shares of Peruvian Metals (PER) are up 10 per cent to C$0.11 as of 12:16 p.m. EST.