- Patriot One Technologies (TSX:PAT) is expanding its partnership with Los Angeles Football Club and the Banc of California Stadium
- The parties are forming a strategic alliance, to enhance security and arena safety at the Banc of California Stadium
- The alliance will evaluate, test, and implement security technologies, such as Patriot One’s PATSCAN Platform
- The collaboration seeks to protect large-scale events from threats such as acts of terrorism, mass shootings, and contagious outbreaks
- Patriot One Technologies (PAT) is up 1.72 per cent and is currently trading at C$1.18 per share
Patriot One Technologies (TSX:PAT) is expanding its partnership with Los Angeles Football Club and the Banc of California Stadium.
The three parties are forming The Stadium & Event Safety Strategic Alliance, to enhance arena security. The initiative will use security technology to make the Banc of California Stadium into a showcase of public gathering safety.
The alliance will evaluate, pilot, and implement security technologies, such as Patriot One’s Multi-Sensor Threat Detection Platform.
In June 2020, the company will also deploy two new health and safety threat detection modules at the Stadium. These are the PATSCAN VRS-T Thermal Elevated Body Temperature and PATSCAN VRS-HS Facial Mask Detection modules.
The need for such an initiative has risen since the COVID-19 pandemic made large-scale gatherings a hazard to public health. The alliance will also provide solutions to other threats to arena events, such as acts of terrorism and mass shootings.
Patriot One, LAFC, and the Stadium intend to share information from the alliance with other professional sports organisations and stadiums.
The Senior Vice President of Business Development & Government Relations, Phil Lancaster, commented on the alliance.
“The objective of The Stadium & Event Safety Strategic Alliance is to establish a consortium of professional sports, and stadium security professionals to evaluate and pilot new physical security technologies, including those focused on health and safety due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic and shutdown.
“The group will also invite thought leaders within the Event and Professional Sports safety and security space to participate and discuss ways in which these new innovations can help shape the future of large-scale events, while mitigating acts of terrorism, active shooters, and viral and contagious threats,” he said.
Patriot One Technologies (PAT) is up 1.72 per cent and trading at C$1.18 per share at 12:14pm EDT.