- Patriot One (TSX:PAT) subsidiary, Xtract Technologies, has won a C$157,000 contract with Canada’s Department of National Defence
- Under the contract, the company will provide situational awareness solutions for Canadian firefighters
- Xtract’s contribution will include personal protective equipment and artificial intelligence technology
- The company has already begun working on the project’s design and development phase
- Patriot One Technologies (PAT) is up 14.46 per cent and is currently trading at $0.95 per share
Patriot One (TSX:PAT) subsidiary, Xtract Technologies, has won a C$157,000 contract with Canada’s Department of National Defence.
The contract came through the Public Works and Government Services Canada Division, as part of the Innovative Solutions Canada Program.
Under the contract, Xtract Technologies will provide improved situational awareness solutions for Canada’s firefighters. The company will contribute personal protective equipment, artificial intelligence technology, and other innovative devices and applications.
In particular, Xtract’s expertise in AI-based video and data analysis will play a major role in the contract. The company aims to integrate multiple sensors and biometric data feeds, to assess the health and safety of firefighters in the field.
Xtract’s technology will also protect firefighters by detecting objects and people in smoke. Its thermal and video imaging feeds could also predict flow paths and flashover in real time.
Finally, the technology could also feed information to incident commanders and firefighters, to improve how fire situations are managed.
The contract will take place in multiple phases. The phases will include the design and development of advanced machine learning models, proprietary data sets, and integration with advanced visualisation solutions.
Xtract AI has already started working on the project’s design and development phase.
Patriot One’s CEO, Martin Cronin, commented on the company subsidiary’s contract.
“We’re tremendously excited to be working on this project and thank the Innovative Solutions Canada Program for selecting us.
“Xtract AI’s knowledge of artificial intelligence, and data and video analysis are an ideal match for this challenge. We relish the opportunity to put these into a solution that will assist Canadian firefighters in being better informed, more efficient and, ultimately, safer,” he said.
Patriot One Technologies (PAT) is up 14.46 per cent and trading at $0.95 per share at 11:34am EDT.