- Parkland (PKI) has secured support from NRCan and the Government of British Columbia to build one of Western Canada’s largest ultra-fast electric vehicle charging networks
- The company said it has secured C$6.8 million in funding in order to build the charging network
- Parkland will now be able to double its previously announced 25 locations
- The company’s On the RUN EV charging network will significantly increase Metro Vancouver’s ultra-fast EV charging stations
- Shares of Parkland (PKI) closed up by 1.51 per cent trading at $28.94 per share
Parkland (PKI) will build one of Western Canada’s largest ultra-fast EV charging networks.
To this end, it has secured support from the NRCan and the Government of British Columbia in the form of C$6.8 million in funding, which will double its planned locations to 50.
“British Columbia leads the way in North American EV adoption, making the province a natural starting point for our ultra-fast charging network,” stated Darren Smart, Parkland’s Senior Vice President of Energy Transition and Corporate Development.
“Our network will help eliminate range anxiety for EV drivers, and by offering high-quality convenience and food choices, we aim to deliver industry-leading customer amenities and experiences,” he added.
Known as the On the RUN EV charging network, Parkland’s stations will significantly boost Metro Vancouver’s number of ultra-fast EV charging stations.
Benefits of the stations will include:
- Convenience: the stations will be located on highways and destinations across Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, the Okanagan and into Alberta
- Efficiency: the stations will deliver up to a 200-kw charge, meaning the network will be capable of charging most EV models within 30 minutes
- Experience: the On the RUN locations will also include a convenience store and a Triple O’s restaurant
Additionally, each On the RUN charging location will include two or four charging ports.
While some sites are already in operation, the company said it expects to complete the first 25 charging locations by the end of the year and the remaining 25 by early 2024.
Based out of Calgary, Alberta, Parkland is an international fuel distributor and retailer with operations across 25 countries. The company has over 4,000 retail and commercial locations in Canada, the US and the Caribbean region.
Shares of Parkland (PKI) closed up by 1.51 per cent trading at $28.94 per share.