- Courier company, ParcelPal Technology (CSE:PKG), has promoted Rich Wheeless to the position of Chief Executive Officer
- Rich was previously the Chief Financial Officer at the company
- Rich will succeed Kelly Abbott, who has stepped down as CEO after four years
- ParcelPal’s industry is experiencing increased demand, as people use home delivery services during COVID-related lockdowns
- ParcelPal Technology’s (PKG) share price remains steady, and is currently trading for 8.5 cents per share
Courier company, ParcelPal Technology (CSE:PKG), has promoted Rich Wheeless to the position of Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately.
The company found its new leader from within its own ranks, as many often do. Initially, Rich was appointed as ParcelPal’s Chief Financial Officer.
He will fill the shoes of Kelly Abbott, who has stepped down from the role of CEO after four years. Kelly will, however, maintain his position on the company’s Board of Directors.
Kelly welcomed his successor, who he said is highly respected by the team.
“Since joining, Rich has quickly become involved in all areas of the company. I believe that ParcelPal is in great hands to move to the next stage of its development.
“Rich has extensive plans to build the company to great heights, and I look forward to seeing them unfold,” he said.
Prior to working for ParcelPal, Rich served as the Chief Financial Officer of various companies. These included Taal Distributed Information Technologies, Rivetz Inc, LaunchKey Inc and Pilus Energy.
Throughout his career, he has also held positions at Fortune 30 companies, including Johnson and Johnson, Cardinal Health, and Citigroup.
Rich stated that he feels energised by the opportunity to lead ParcelPal during a pivotal time for the industry.
“People are increasingly utilising in-home delivery services for their needs, especially as it’s been further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. The need for a quality last mile delivery service is greater than ever.
“We are well positioned to accomplish these and other positive goals, with a scalable model, and the experience to execute this plan,” he concluded.
ParcelPal Technology’s (PKG) share price remains steady, and is trading for 8.5 cents per share as of 1:06pm EST.