- Pacific Ridge Exploration (PEX) is pleased to announce assay results from the first of three diamond drill holes at the Kliyul copper-gold porphyry project
- Drill hole KLI-21-036 highlights include 437.0 m of 0.61 per cent copper equivalent (CuEq) or 0.96 g/t gold equivalent (AuEq)
- Assay results from the remaining two drill holes, KLI-21-037 and KLI-21-038, will be reported when available
- Pacific Ridge is a gold exploration company whose flagship project is the Kliyul copper-gold project
- Pacific Ridge Exploration Ltd. (PEX) opened trading at C$0.15 per share
Pacific Ridge Exploration (PEX) is pleased to announce assay results from the first of three diamond drill holes at the Kliyul Project.
The Kliyul Project is located in the Quesnel Trough in Northwest British Columbia.
Drill hole KLI-21-036 highlights:
- 437.0 m of 0.61 per cent copper equivalent (CuEq) or 0.96 g/t gold equivalent (AuEq) comprising 0.22 per cent copper and 0.60 g/t gold containing:
- 53.0 m 0.75 per cent CuEq or 1.17 g/t AuEq comprising 0.22 per cent copper and 0.83 g/t gold and;
- 291.70 m of 0.75 per cent CuEq or 1.18 g/t AuEq comprising 0.28 per cent copper and 0.74 g/t gold, including;
- 141.0 m of 1.07 per cent CuEq or 1.68 g/t AuEq comprising 0.36 per cent copper and 1.11 g/t gold.
This is the longest and highest-grade interval ever returned from Kliyul, far surpassing the best previous result drilled by Teck Resources in 2015
Assay results from the remaining two drill holes, KLI-21-037 and KLI-21-038, will be reported when available.
Blaine Monaghan, President and CEO of Pacific Ridge sat down with Caroline Egan to discuss the drill results.
“The results from our first-ever drill hole at Kliyul far exceeded our expectations.
They are, in fact, the best drill results ever to be reported from Kliyul. Although we are still waiting for assay results from the remaining two drill holes, hole KLI-21-036 gives us the confidence to begin planning an expanded 2022 drill program at Kliyul. I would like to congratulate Dr. Gerry Carlson, Pacific Ridge’s Executive Chair, Danette Schwab, the Company’s VP Exploration, and our technical committee for their fine work.”
Over 60 sq-km in size, Kliyul is located 50 km southeast of Centerra Gold Inc’s Kemess mine and 5 km from the Omineca mining road in one of the most geochemically anomalous areas for copper and gold in the prolific Quesnel Terrane. The project contains four main target areas: KMZ, Bap Ridge, Ginger, M39, and Paprika, each representing an interpreted porphyry centre over a 4 km strike length. KMZ is the most intensely explored of these, with 33 drill holes (5,524 m) drilled since 1974, most of which targeted a near-surface copper-gold magnetite zone (drill holes KL-5 to KL-93-5). Deeper drilling in 2006 and 2015 encountered a porphyry copper-gold system (drill holes KL06-30 to KL-15-35).
Pacific Ridge is a gold exploration company whose flagship project is the Kliyul copper-gold project. Pacific Ridge’s project portfolio includes the RDP copper-gold project and the Redton copper-gold project, both located in British Columbia.
Pacific Ridge Exploration Ltd. (PEX) opened trading at C$0.15 per share.